#Employment : Subject Access Request 'sanitized' by HR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made a SAR to the HR department requesting copies of all information which I am entitled to under Section 7.1 of the Data Protection Act, including my personnel file and any related emails, notes and correspondence. When its arrived, I read it, and something I expected to see is missing; six months ago I know a supervisor had to subject a list of employees of the department and mark them if they were 'expendable, essential or promotable', and I saw a copy of the email after it was sent stating I was promotable. This email isnt included. If this becomes a disaster, this could help prove I was competent/good at my job.

Am I able to submit an additional request for all emails concerning me between xx people and xx dates?

Guest Old_andrew2018

I would think that you will not able to request or have the right to see emails between other individuals.

Regards

Andy

Andy is spot on. Contrary to popular opinion, a SAR does not entitle the subject to see copies of any information which may also relate to, or otherwise identify other individuals. Similarly, the email, even if it did relate only to you, would fall outside of the scope of a SAR unless it was recorded on YOUR file. A SAR will only provide information held in a 'relevant filing system' about you.

Think of a filing cabinet with a file marked with your name - if one can imagine being able to open a drawer (or for filing cabinet, substitute a directory on a computer or a card index system) and finding a file marked with your name, then some of the contents will be provided so long as they do not identify other data subjects. What a SAR will not allow is for a search in every file within the cabinet (or a search across a hard drive of a computer) for every mention of your name.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!