NHS and Dementure care and treatment in Wales

Mr lex
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Lex

How's things going with your mum..did they get her meds sorted?

you have probably looked into to it but have a look at this might be of some help and give you a rough idea how it works

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/DisabledPeople/HealthAndSupport/ArrangingHealthAndSocialCare/DG_4000436

they will assess your mum for her needs and do a risk assessment and for any equipment she may need etc..then they will put a care plan together.

also there are day care centres she can go to..which gives your dad a breather:-)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Tills,

Well it's all up and down at the moment.

When I left North Wales there was an improvement in my Mothers health. However, since then, she has had another fall and was admitted to hospital with a fractured Pelvis.

The ward sister was shocked at her condition, so much so she reported the case right away, her hygiene was very poor, she had rashes and boils everywhere, they sent her out without her meds, in thin clothes and was covered in bruises.

I am in touch with her GP, the 'Nursing' home and her head 'carer' and I want a response to all this.

Thanks for the link Tills. I'll follow that up.

I'm gutted really.

Lex

Hiya Lex

Do you know who the ward sister reported it to?

you can also put in a complaint every home has a complaint procedure

Ask to look at your mums care plan..it is a legal document and everything should be documented

also an accident report should have been put in..ask to see this also

they should have what they call a body map..for any occurances

What day..dated

when...time

where...

who

how

this should be filled in everytime.. a fall, a bruise skin flap etc occurs

and above all your mum deserves quality of care

**hugs**

Tills xx

• Confused 1

Many thanks for this Tills :-)

I have passed this link on to my Farther.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

xx

Lex

Your more than welcome Lex i just hope you get some answers..fact..not fiction!!!

It makes me so sad hearing about bad patient care.

We must stop it.

**Ditto** Night Owl it just makes my blood boil:-x

• 2 weeks later...

Brilliant news Lex and it is good your dad now has help coming in twice aday.The good thing there also is the carer will notice any changes if and when they occur

and can be acted on straight away.echoing Nightowls words if your not sure or worried ask thats what they are there for to support the family as well as care for your mum.

keep smiling:-)

Tills xx

• 3 weeks later...

Hiya Lex so sorry to hear the news..there are no easy answers but plenty of questions hopefully these may help a bit.

There are many reasons why your mum with may act aggressively, including:

feeling frightened

feeling frustrated at being unable to understand others or make themselves understood

the physical effects of dementia, which may have eroded their judgement and self-control

what i'm trying to say is it's not you or your dad your mum is angry with..deep breaths step back or even leave the room.one liccle tip never argue back she is a woman lol just trying to make you smile xx

Dealing with aggressive behaviour is not easy, and there are no simple answers. However, it is possible to make it less of a problem through a gradual process of identifying what triggers the aggression, and finding some effective ways to deal with it. It is important to remember that all behaviour is a form of communication. If you can workout what the person is trying to communicate, it may prevent them from feeling frustrated and acting aggressively.

Your dad is diamond bless him

Tills xx

• Confused 1

• 1 year later...