hungry and confused

citizenkain
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wonder if anyone can help me,last week I got a letter from council tax telling me my circumstances had changed and I wasnt getting council tax relief.

The same day I was signing on,tuesday,I showed the woman at the jobcentre the letter,she knew nothing about it but checked up for me,seems I am being investigated for benefit fraud!

This is being instigated by works and pensions,I only get jsa from them and the council tax relief,come friday when i should have got my jsa money i got nothing!

I got a call from a company friday offering me a job this monday,told the bloke i had no money to get there so i called the dwp about it,no joy,the company i had the potential job with called the dwp as well,no joy,so there is me 6 months unemployed and just as im getting a job,no money,no warning from dwp,as far as I know Ive committed no crime,what happened to innocent till proved guilty??

i havent had any letter from dwp,they told the council the previous week to stop my council tax benefit but didnt bother sending me anything,I could a been working monday if i got paid friday,the thing is I havent committed any fraud so it must be a mistake which will be rectified when I get an interview,no doubt they will just say"sorry"

if you have opportunity for job, try and borrow money off family/friends so you can get to the job

Do you know if your JSA has been terminated or suspended?

if DWP have notified LA of termination/suspension of your JSA, they must be in process of notifying you

unfortunately there are sometimes delays in receiving notifications, as it usually gets passed from one department, to another, to another (e.g. fraud team investigates and gathers evidence, then evidence gets passed to decision making section, then decision gets passed to the overpayments section to calculate the overpayment)

you need to obtain a copy of the termination/suspension notice, so you can work out what has happened

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

It is seeming lately more and more cases for investigation down to even mortgage interest payment adjustments are not receiving notifications. I mean the slight changes in benefits comming in next week would normally have sent letters out by now. This year no letters have come.

Are they trying to save on the postage?

I am supprised they dont give the choice of notifications and changes by emails etc.... and only send letters to those with no internet.

They dont always let you know at all if they stop your benefit. I only knew they had stopped mine last jusne when my housing assosiation wrote saying I was in arrears, it got to 6 weeks in arrears before the council paid them up to date. Apart from me ringing the council & asking what's going on, & them saying oh we thought you had been over paid but you haven't so no worries, I have no idea what that was about to this day..

No,I cant borrow any more money,I dont like asking,just back from my mothers ,was gonna say something to her but didnt,she gave me some soup and a sandwich so that might last me till monday morning when I can go back to dwp office,i got a tin a beans for tomorrow in the cupboard so Ill have them when I get real hungry!

No one should have to live like that in this country...Bet the person who decided stop your jsa wont be wondering what to have for their tea will they...shame on them...keep your chin up...and good luck x

quickest way may well be to ring and speak to your local councillor, tell them your desparate situation and what has happened, some have a surgery you can go in to see them, if you look on google type your area and councillor and bring up details, e mail, telephone and address,

also ring up yourself works and pensions and ask why, why, why, ask the questions why is this happening when you have done nothing,

also on google type in shelters n soup kitchen, you can get a meal if you get desperate, come back and let us know, totiesquoties.

Edited by totiesquoties

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

Hi Citizenkain, do you know why exactly you are no longer in receipt of council tax benefit? the reasons do vary and also why your JSA has been suspended, I don't think the DWP have anything to do with your council tax. Try speaking to council tax department and Job centre in the week and get this matter rectified, don't assume the worse.

I am going to feel awful tomorrow when I am eating dinner, knowing that you may not have eaten, I feel quite saddened by your situation.

Let us know how you get on in the week, this matter will be sorted before you know it.

Lolitta x

DWP will have told council tax department that your jsa has stopped but not why, council tax department may have assumed your jsa had stopped because youve started work. best contact council tax department asap and find out why they stopped your tax benifit and tell them what your current situation is.

I was told life was supposed to be one long learning curve.

Mines more a series of hairpin bends.

yeah,the council tax people were told by the dwp that my circumstances have changed,they havent but there must be some reason,its definately some kinda mistake,Ive been sending application forms out for jobs all the time and just when i get a job Ive got no money to get there,its causing me a lot of stress,Im already on pills for depression and this aint helping,Ill need to see the doctor in morning maybe he can call them or something and ask,who knows when they get round to interview people

lily of the valley,thanks for your concern,went round my mothers for mothers day,told her I was sorry I didnt have any flowers or anything,but she just said it was nice to see me two days running and she asked me to stay for dinner!! nice pork joint roast potatoes etc,I had tears in my eyes! hopefully my problems will be sorted tomorrow,thanks againX

Citezen you need to do a sit in at the office till they get you some money and answer what is going on!!!!!!

If it were me on awkward but still polite day, I would start asking them where they keep their packed lunches as you are hungry and havnt eaten since when, so want to start munching through them !!!!!!!

Surely crisis loan is appropriate for you?

Is it not possible for them to let you know what is in the letter they have supposedly sent out to you over the phone? there could be something you could be doing in the meantime rather than sitting down and waiting for this letter that may never arrive. I cannot believe just how uncaring these people are.

Lolitta x

Guest jsa12

have they said what this alleged fraud was?.being accused of wrong doing if innocent is very serious and it must be backed by substantive evidence and is defamation.

its very important that you act to resolve this and legal aid should be sort and a solicitor be instructed on your behalf to resolve this to your satisfaction.