HFO 72 hour letter re:Monument Debt prob SB'd

stuinn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Actually, as your last payment was in July 2005, the account is just about statute barred, if not already. They cannot claim it is not, as there are no T&Cs to refer to.

They are stuffed. Go on, Bingo, issue a claim and waste some money.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent a SAR to Barclaycard and received a letter advising they "do not hold any correspondence however all other details requested which are available will be sent to you from the appropriate areas". That was in April and I have chased with not response and this week sent a further letter recorded signed for.

coledog do you want me to send a copy of the documents to you?

stuinn, I think HFO are out of time. The account is now SB. Game over.

You MUST send a copy of that letter from TR to the OFT. It claims you are liable for pre-and post-judgment interest at 12% which is, frankly, crap, given that they are in default of providing any agreement they refer to.

R-swipes.

“The industry is rotten to the core, whether it is in-house recovery and collection, or where agents are used, or where the debt has been sold.” Andrew Mackinley MP, House of Commons, 22 April 2009

If a Cagger helps you, click their star. Better still, make a donation however small, so that CAG can continue to help others.

I think I know exactly what the letters say - seen it before. Can you be certain last payment was June 2005? If so - send them the SB letter, if not you need to get back onto BC, they will have the info somewhere. Make sure that you report all this to OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus for the attention of Polly Ashford

At your Service

Please Double click the Star and leave a message if I have helped you

Please support CAG and they will support you.

Once again they are fibbing about the registered office of HFO Ireland, DoH. Fancy that. Someone should be told... preferably the OFT.

Actually, as your last payment was in July 2005, the account is just about statute barred, if not already. They cannot claim it is not, as there are no T&Cs to refer to.

They are stuffed. Go on, Bingo, issue a claim and waste some money.

stuinn, just noticed that the date you gave us applied to a different card account.

You must get back on to Barclaycard and kick up a fuss – we know they DO have the info. Try the director's office if necessary. You must find out the last payment date.

Agreed - you have to get that last payment date. BC will have the info somewhere

At your Service

I have just spoken to Barclaycard Directors office who inform me that the account was sold to HFO in 2006 and Barclaycard did not take any Monument accounts until 2008 therefore do not have any details and I would need to go to HFO. I will be sending the letter as mentioned above however any suggestions on what to do now?

Try this then:

Carole O'Neill

Customer Relations

0870 333 5487

Monument Card Services

51 Saffron Road

Wigston

Leicestershire LE18 4US

Anyway, I think Barclays are telling fibs.

I have a Monument statement dated March 07, acquired by HFO from Barclays for use against another Cagger, which clearly states that Monument is a trading name of Barclays Bank plc.

Either that statement used by HFO in court is a forgery, or Barclays are telling fibs. Either way, Barclays DO hold data prior to 2008. I will redact the document and post here as proof.

Here’s the evidence, redacted of course.

Monument.jpg

I have just spoken to Barclaycard Directors office who inform me that the account was sold to HFO in 2006 and Barclaycard did not take any Monument accounts until 2008 therefore do not have any details and I would need to go to HFO. I will be sending the letter as mentioned above however any suggestions on what to do now?

Barclays acquired Monument in 2002, and sold it to Compucredit in 2007.

They are telling you whoppers. The data above proves that Barclays hold information from pre-2008. Call them back.

Or are Barclays saying they can find the evidence when it suits them to help their friends at HFO? I bet they could find your CCA for HFO if you asked HFO for it.

I tried the customer relations number which unfortunately is immediately disconnected. Telephoned the Directors office again spoke to a different person who said they could not access those details but took the information to pass on as a complaint to the relevant department fro them to contact me within 48 hrs. Probably a further run around.

Next time, tell them you have proof that they have access to this information, as they have supplied it in other cases.

Good! They must have access to this via one of their systems, other people have had this same run around - Monument Cards seem to be the worst but also Morgan Stanley which BC are also supposed to manage the data for. You just have to keep on at them

At your Service

You can SAR HFO, but I wonder

just how much information they

will have on the account.

Be careful how you word the request

make sure that there is no possibility

that it could be interpreted as acknowledgment

of the debt.

There is a template in the CAG library,

they have 40 days to reply.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Make sure you demand copies of all letters supposedly sent.

A colleague has suggested

a summary to a SAR as follows.

''For clarity this a lawful request

for information for which a statutory

fee has been paid

Therefore you must provide ALL the

data you hold including but not limited

to the documents mentioned above.

If you with hold and information or

document at this time, and later rely

on in any court action then the court

will be informed of the breach of the

Data Protection Act.''

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 2 weeks later...

Having spoken to the directors office again they sent an email to the SAR department who did phone me and said they were looking into it. This morning I received the following letter.

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/yy91/av8boy/HFO/HFOScan6.jpg

The 6 years after the default is the end of Jan 2012 and I am sure that the last payment was in July 05.

Er... if Barclaycard terminated the relationship more than six years ago, then HFO have a problem.

However... Barclaycard are plainly wrong here. Jesus...