NatWest 15 year old debt advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4796 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks

I was wondering if anyone can help / give advice

In 1996 I got myself into loads of debt problems with a business I was running with my late Father, end result was that NatWest got a County Court Judgement against me (but not may late Father) for approx. £65,000 and I agreed to pay £60 per month which I have done for the last 15 years or so, never missed a payment. I’ve not heard from them for about 4-5 years when I received a letter (forwarded from a previous address) from them asking for an increased payment, I spoke to them and we agreed to carry on with payments at the same level. I have notified them of changed addresses (1999/2000) and now spend most of my time out of the country they have never acknowledged my letters about the change of address. I have today received a letter (forwarded to me from a previous address) from a DCA saying I owe NatWest about twice the amount and that I should make contact immediately to pay it off or they will explore all further options etc;

Any advice on how to proceed and what to say when I call them would be appreciated

Thanks

Do it all in writing. Don't phone. Ask them what they want and also for a statement outlining the entire financial position

The simple answer to this is the Court order stands. If Natwest want to get an increased payment, they would have to apply to the Court.

Tell the DCA to pi$$ off as they have no power whatsoever and you will not respond to them at all.

Did the Court order suspend interest?

Jogs

From The Limitation Act 1980

Miscellaneous and supplemental

24 Time limit for actions to enforce judgments.E+W

(1)An action shall not be brought upon any judgment after the expiration of six years from the date on which the judgment became enforceable.

(2)No arrears of interest in respect of any judgment debt shall be recovered after the expiration of six years from the date on which the interest became due.

As of 03/03/12 please do not under any circumstances wait for my further input or guidance on any current thread or defence of a court claim I might have been involved in on or through Cag.

Jasper1965

Hi, Payments have been maintained, NatWest just lost contact with me (even though I told them of address changes) so I believ it doesn't apply.

Looking at other threads it seems I should be asking them for

1) A Proof of debt

2) Making a SARs request

3) Asking them (or NatWest) to confirm the DCA is acting for Nat West

Does anyone agree / disagree?

My problem is that at the current level of payment this will never go away, I considered going bankrupt at the time but was persuaded not to, how do I get this sorted out givcen I can't afford to pay it back?

Any help or guidance much appreciated

Hi, Payments have been maintained, NatWest just lost contact with me (even though I told them of address changes) so I believ it doesn't apply.

Looking at other threads it seems I should be asking them for

1) A Proof of debt (Too late, you have the Judgement against you)

2) Making a SARs request (This will only help if you are trying to get the Judgement lifted)

3) Asking them (or NatWest) to confirm the DCA is acting for Nat West (Not really neccessary as I posted earlier, the DCA can Pi$$ off as they can't do a single thing)

Does anyone agree / disagree?

My problem is that at the current level of payment this will never go away, I considered going bankrupt at the time but was persuaded not to, how do I get this sorted out givcen I can't afford to pay it back?

Any help or guidance much appreciated

Did the order ALLOW interest on the debt?

You may want to send the SAR if there are charges you may want to reclaim.