Part payment received - will I get the rest???

mum22boys
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have today been through all my Nationwide statements (since March 2003 when the account was opened) and have calculated the interest on the spreadsheet. They have taken a total of £888.42 from me in unpaid dd fees and unauthorised o/d fees. Sounds horrendous for three years when it's all added up!! I have now written my letter to Charles Bacon asking for the repayment of these charges within 14 days. I will wait to hear! Just to be on the safe side, I have applied to open a couple of other bank accounts as I am aware that Nationwide give 30 notice of closing accounts. The trouble is, with my poor credit rating I have struggled to open one - however, it looks promising that Nat West will let me have 'step' account. Next stop, asking for thousands back from Abbey (if they ever get round to sending me my statements through) but that's a whole different forum!!

Hi,

It seems that Natiowide make you go through the whole process i.e

Prelim (14 days) and then LBA (14 days) and finally MoneyClaim.

Its a long process, but just ignore any letters from Nationwide saying they are referring your complaint to another department and have 8 weeks to do so.

Stick to the 14 day deadlines and if they haven't paid up, go straight to MoneyClaim.

I have today filed the moneyclaim and I am hoping that they will be refunding the money by the end of the month.

Nationwide:

DPA Letter sent 10th May, Received 1st June, calculated approx £330 charges, Prelim to sent soon.

Egg

£60 Charges - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, declined refund,

Halifax

£39 Charge - Pre Letter sent 23rd May, Halifax have agreed to refund the £39

Hi,

I have last week sent off my letter of request for my fees back for unpaid dd and u/a/o/d. In preperation of Nationwide shutting down my account I have managed to open a much better account with HSBC. Am awaiting a reply from nationwide so fingers crossed.

Nationwide

1st Letter Requesting Charges Sent - 31st July 2006

LBA Sent - 16th August 2006:rolleyes:

Money Claim Filed - 1st Sept 2006:evil:

Money Claim Acknowledge - 5th Sept 2006:-|

Part Refund of £79.02 - 13th Sept 2006:oops:

Settled in full.. short by £1.32 but not going to argue with that!! (541.02)- 14th Sept 2006

Halifax

Requested Bank Statments - 8th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 20th Sept 2006

Letter Requesting Charges Back Sent - 23rd Sept 2006

Letter Sent Refusing offer of £85.00 - 7th Oct 2006

Letter Received Offering Full Settlement (£170.00) - 12th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

S.A.R Sent - 19th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 23rd Sept 2006

Part Refund of £152.00 recieved - 29th Sept 2006 :p

Thanks for your replies. Luckily, in spite of my v. poor credit rating Nat West and Barclays have allowed me to open a bank account so my letter was sent on Monday to Nationwide. I will definitely stick to the 14 days and will keep pestering until I get it back - I have plans for that money already!! Having terrible trouble getting my statements from Abbey though, apparently they aren't available and are on microfiche now - does any still use the microfiche!?!?!

• 2 weeks later...

Well, they ignored my previous letter so I sent them an LBA letter which they responded to with what seems to be the usual - we are treating it as a complaint etc. etc., so I have just filed my Moneyclaim (costs £80 but if I win it's worth it!). I am claiming nearly £900. Hope I get it back!!

Just out of interest, does anyone know roughly how soon after saying they will defend the claim they pay up (that's assuming they will pay up!! Knowing my luck they'll use me as an example and make me go to court!!)?

Well - I have just read a post by austenpowers who filed his moneyclaim around the same time as me, so I decided to check my balance on line tonight. £428 has been credited to my account but this is only about half of what I was claiming for - is this right?? Will I get the rest or is this is?? Please can somebody advise me.

I filed my Moneyclaim with Nationwide on 31/08 and have just checked my account on line. I was claiming just over £900 but only £428 has been credited to my account today - will I get the rest or is that it. Will I have to go to court again?? Please help - i'm not sure what to do next.

Hi,

I think you'll find that they seem to credit it bit by bit but saying that they have also been short on some of the claims. I think the advice, but I'm definately not an expert, is to leave the claim ongoing until you get the full amount claimed. Hopefully you'll get more deposited in the next day or say but meanwhile someone else who knows will be along soon.

This thread has someone who was paid short and there's some useful advice.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/14105-hi-new-ish-young.html

When did your cash go in? you should get the rest shortly I think... most people seem to be getting it in dribs and drabs.... I had £79.02 put in my account yesterday waiting for the rest to go in...hopefully today.

Nationwide

1st Letter Requesting Charges Sent - 31st July 2006

LBA Sent - 16th August 2006:rolleyes:

Money Claim Filed - 1st Sept 2006:evil:

Money Claim Acknowledge - 5th Sept 2006:-|

Part Refund of £79.02 - 13th Sept 2006:oops:

Settled in full.. short by £1.32 but not going to argue with that!! (541.02)- 14th Sept 2006

Halifax

Requested Bank Statments - 8th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 20th Sept 2006

Letter Sent Refusing offer of £85.00 - 7th Oct 2006

Letter Received Offering Full Settlement (£170.00) - 12th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

S.A.R Sent - 19th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 23rd Sept 2006

Part Refund of £152.00 recieved - 29th Sept 2006 :p

Hi Silentcharisma - this is the strange thing. The credit shows on my account as going in on 11th September. However, I paid in some cheques on the 12th and got a ministatement and it didn't show on that. It only showed up when I checked on line last night (13th). I have checked again this morning and there is no sign. I wouldn't be so bothered if it was only a small amount short - but it is only about 50% of the claim. I don't really want to go to court!!

Thanks for that Jacqui, I have read the post and it's very interesting. The only problem is that they seem to have only paid me about 50% of the claim which is a huge amount to be short by. I wouldn't be so bothered if it was only a small amount short - but it's over £400. I'm really worried now that they're not going to pay up.

Thanks for that Jacqui, I have read the post and it's very interesting. The only problem is that they seem to have only paid me about 50% of the claim which is a huge amount to be short by. I wouldn't be so bothered if it was only a small amount short - but it's over £400. I'm really worried now that they're not going to pay up.

hi accept the offer as a part payment, inform them that you will be seeking the balance. Remember to stick to your time table.:D

I have just checked my account on-line today and they have credited another £80.00 (cash credit) to it. The first payment of £428.81 showed up as a correction. The £80.00 is the amount that I paid to the court and therefore wasn't included in the £890.95 that I am claiming meaning that I am £462.14 (over half my claim) short. They are getting a stiff letter on cardboard today!!

Just wait....it can go in in dribs and drabs...mine took about 3 days to get the whole amount.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

Thanks Dolly - I read your thread yesterday - it's very interesting. I didn't realise you didn't get the whole amount straight away, so hopefully I will get some more coming - I have only had about half so far. Anyway, I have written and e-mailed Charles Bacon today asking for the rest. Many thanks, Claire

You will, I imagine :)

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

Well now I am absolutely seething. I have just been home at lunch time to check my post and have got a letter from Nationwide to say that they have refunded the £428 plus £80 costs and this is all I'm getting. What do I do now??

This is a nightmare - you are about the 5th person to have this happen this week.

Read Bev's thread as she was the first that this happened to (Pg 5)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/nationwide/14105-hi-new-ish-young.html

You can't file for judgement until the 28 days have passed, as you would if they hadn't paid you anything.