co-operative bank

andrewman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4828 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks hope everyones well.

My bank refused to pay a £16 bill, even though there was £15.99 in bank. 1p under, now they want £15 for returned unpaid. I threatened to report them to ombudsman, but they are not concerned. It seems my account does not have an overdraft, so no matter how much costs are out, will incur £15. even if i am out by 1p. very unhappy with this.

:-x

They've done the opposite with me, same type of a/c... paid a DD which I didn't authorise then sent me a letter saying that they've given me an informal overdraft to cover it, £60 + charges.

I wrote back and told them it was a basic cashminder a/c with no overdraft, I didn't authorise a DD and if they want their money they'd better recall the DD because I'm sure as hades not paying it.

There are people who would be unhappy with both resolutions.

I have the cashminder account with no dd facility and I made it clear at beginning I never want any form of credit again including over draft. So I think you may have to accept that it was your error albeit an unintentional one and ask once more could they waive it on this occassion. I mean normally banks are willing to waive a one off unless they have had similar issues before. This account I have read on other threads can have a policy where so many errors and they close the account as it is only supposed to be basic.

So can only ask them nicely to refund charge and if they dont pay it I am afraid and consider it a lesson as annoying it may seem xx

You see there are I am sure cases who would have been unhappy if paid and unhappy if not paid, because if the funds were too low there would have been a charge either way xx

Careful they dont consider you as misunderstanding the conditons of the account and closing it as it can be stressful finding an alternative at short notice.

ps. for future note I got a savings account with them, just emergency money in it and I noticed they credit the transfer between this account and cashminder imediately, so if you had issue again even at weekend you could transfer just enough over and avoid charges, hope that helps xx Another thread is also having same problem so it appears they are refusing on this acount to refund charges, but as said it is a basic account so we cant have it both ways.

Edited by watchinginvestigation2011