What constitutes a waste of police time?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4772 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I know this is probably the wrong forum, but I struggled to fit this anywhere.

We've been having problems with the neighbors in the private rented house next door to us for a long time now, about a year.

We had to make complaints about noise from banging, music and out of control parties last year, so I imagine this is some kind of revenge for that.

They have this paranoid idea my hubby is filming them with a camera whenever they leave their house, because the evidence we used against them with the noise came partly from sound (NOT PICTURE OR VIDEOS OF PEOPLE) recordings made on mobile phone and digital cameras.

If my husband was filming them, he would answer to me a long time before anyone else!

They've branded him a pervert and a couple of weeks ago, they went out on a Saturday night, and we just happened to have opened our front room curtains, so when they walked past, the man made some kind of hand gesture which was a cross between a fist and a wave and the woman shouted 'HE'S NOT GOT THAT CAMERA AGAIN HAS HE??', then they left in a taxi.

A few minutes later a police care drove down our street, stopped dead outside our house for about 20 seconds, then drove off, probably having found no wrongdoing on our part apart from opening our curtains!

Another time they called the police was for a nondescript banging noise they said they heard from our house, when the police arrived, they said something about this banging noise, then told us 'banging noises are not a police matter', so I then asked them repeatedly why they were here then. The two women police officers looked at my rather tall long haired husband with a hint of fear in their eyes, and kept asking me if I was ok, then left.

I don't know what sort of story the neighbors had spun, but my guess is something to do with domestic violence, as they have already decided my husband is a violent thug, they don't even know him!

Basicaly what I want to know is, is calling the police because someone has their curtains open, or calling them about a noise, then the police arriving and being able to give very little details, such as the time of this so called noise, which they could not, a waste of police time?. They could not tell us where the noise had come from in the house, which room, or even what time it had allegedly happend.

It's a bit funny we complained about them and the huge bangs which come from their house at all hours, then they try it with us.

• 2 months later...