Barclays, refused to lower payment plan

al_cooper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

I would like to get some advice for my sister please. Her circumstances have changed over the last few weeks (split up with boyf blah blah) so she wrote to Barclays explaining her circumstances. She got a letter back from then saying that they will not offer a lower payment plan for her, is there anything she can do as she is struggling to pay the amount that they want?

Many thanks

Alex

Write back restating her intentions. She MUST keep up her side of any offer she makes, even if they are refusing to accept it. If her offer is reasonable, she has continued to pay something and they choose to take it to court they will have to show why they refused a perfectly reasonable offer of payment.

Edit to taste:-

The Loan Company

Company House,

Church Street,

Newtown,

Kent,

R1 7HG

Dear Sir/Madam

Acc/Ref No 4563210025897412

Thank you for your letter of 23−06−2006 concerning the above account.

We are are sorry that you feel unable to accept the offer which we have made. The majority of our other creditors have accepted the offers made to them and we have commenced payments.

We cannot offer you more because we can only afford £775 per month between all our other creditors, and it would be wrong to cease or reduce payments to our other creditors in favour of your company. The offer made to you is on a pro rata basis, as used by the county court.

In the light of the other creditors agreeing to our repayment plan, please would you reconsider our offer. We will be making the payments in line with the offer to your company, on a weekly basis, as a gesture of goodwill.

We look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.

Yours faithfully

Mr A N Other

Smile:-The Ethical Bank:- Settled July 2006

HSBC:- Pre-lim sent 09/10/2006

LBA sent:-26/10/2006

Court papers issued:- 13/11/2006

Citifinancial/DLC:- Ongoing since 21st August. Now part of an OFT investigation into Debt Collection Practices.

I am only a Doctor of Love NOT Law. Don't blame me if me advice goes belly up!

:D (I will try to help all the same)

If i've helped, use the scales at the top to tell me how great I am!