The Corporate Consortium is asking for more than I owe, plus a question that is really worrying me.....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

Last Nov I worked for Boots for one day and I was paid £92.79 into my bank account in Dec. I then received a letter from 'The Corporate Consortium' saying that I was overpaid by £81.00 and that I must repay the monies 'without futher delay'

My argument is that I earned £44.24 for that day's work, and that the overpayment is actually £48.55.

I have phoned this company twice and they will not talk with me, just stating that I must e-mail with any queries.

I have sent them an e-mail stating that due to my financial circumstances, I can only pay them £5.00 a month (which will take just over 9 months)

The reply I have received says that they will pass on my mail to Boots payroll dept, and that they will get back to me.

I have to say I am really upset that Boots haven't dealt with me directly, and I am really concerned that if I enter into a payment plan with this company, that my credit rating will be affected, if it isn't already :-x

Can anyone advise as to whether this will happen or am I worrying unnecessarily? (It really does matter to me)

Many thanks in advance

I am really concerned that if I enter into a payment plan with this company, that my credit rating will be affected, if it isn't already
It will not affect your credit rating because it is not credit related.

You should write to them saying that you do not acknowledge any debt and that you require evidence of their claim.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Who did you deal with to secure your days' work at Boots, are you employed by an Agency, or was this direct with Boots?

Hello

I worked direct for Boots.

I just don't understand why Boots' payroll didn't contact me themselves - asking this company to retrieve the money seems crazy to me; the costs are probably more than the money they are trying to recoup.

It will not affect your credit rating because it is not credit related.

You should write to them saying that you do not acknowledge any debt and that you require evidence of their claim.

Are you sure I won't get a black mark on my credit file? If I thought that paying the debt quickly would save this, I would go to a loan shark and get the money tomorrow.

I have acknowledged the debt now anyway, by agreeing to make the small monthly payments. Also, this company sent me a photocopy of the Boots payslip showing the overpayment and when it was made. I think this action by Boots is extremely OTT.

Morning

This is another thread re this lot that has some other info in it . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?274196-The-Corporate-Consortium

Hope it helps

R

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] I asked them to wait whilst I got my Bank card :violin:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Information that may help if a CCA request is refused due to the lack of a signature . . http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?248863-Signature-demands-fight-back-possible-!&highlight=

Are you sure I won't get a black mark on my credit file?
It definitely will not be registered on your credit file.

You must challenge the amount they are claiming, it looks as if they have added their fees on to it & as the error is not your responsibility the onus is not on you to pay it. Besides, even a full days work at minimum wage would be more than £11.79. :(

£92.79 - £81.00 = £11.79

An email to the CEO of Boots explaining the past history & your present circumstances may prove fruitful; andy.hornby@allianceboots.com

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

It definitely will not be registered on your credit file.

You must challenge the amount they are claiming, it looks as if they have added their fees on to it & as the error is not your responsibility the onus is not on you to pay it. Besides, even a full days work at minimum wage would be more than £11.79. :(

£92.79 - £81.00 = £11.79

An email to the CEO of Boots explaining the past history & your present circumstances may prove fruitful

Thank you for putting my mind at rest. I will see what reply comes back, and then I will mail Andy Hornby - it's all worth a try :-)