Can you get compensation

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4820 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys when you complain to financial Ombudsman about a bank in my case NatWest can you claim compensation as I have been treated badly by NatWest

– for hurt feeling and stress: as I have felt so helpless since this whole thing took of and I dare say suicidal

-inconvenicences:I am having bailiffs chasing me as I have been unable to pay my bills since they deactivated my account, the PPI Company are chasing me for there fee for helping me get my PPI refunded but I cannot pay them as RBS paid my PPI compensation into my NatWest deactivated account and they have taken those funds to pay for credit I owe them for, you know the real funny thing is that my PPI was paid into my account 10 days after my Formal Demand was issued, NatWest are so greedy they didn’t even let my default notice fully expired (its 14 days from date of issue) so technically I did satisfy my arrears but they still passed me to the Recovery Dept (yeah beggar’s belief huh).

Postage: I have spent tons envelopes, phone calls, sending letters by recorded and special delivery (that is £5.00 a time)

Any help?

Never ask for statements, specifically request a list of transactions

If you do ask for statements you may be charged £10 a time, and over six years that’s £720, yet asking for a list of charges should be fine.

40 Days to comply or seek remedy fronm the information comissioner!!

Don't have it

you can expect very little from the ombudsman. The ombudsman may award you some compensation that you will find it very inadequate and also it will take an awful long time. We have reports of people who are still waiting after two years.

If you have a solid case and you want compensation then you will be better off going the County Court route although if you are suffering from stress this could be difficult for you even though the procedure is not difficult