sony vaio power connection wobbly

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4834 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dropped this laptop and when charging you notice the connection is very loose and the power charge signal in window goes on and off when typing. Its obvious Ive damaged it when dropped on its side. It also gave a little shock which is not good:madgrin:

Anyone have an idea how much to fix or replace the connector to give me an idea wether best to claim from house insurance with excess issues or bite the bullet and just pay it.

Thanks for reply. Dont trust myself with solder iron just at mo:lol:

But at least know can get it done xx

By the way I have had to change user to 2011 due to not remembering my email and password and email for 2010:jaw:

and the only computer that signed me in auto was vaio and its just died:!:

Thanks again xx

I got a replacement charger for my sons Acer laptop for about £11, Still works now (after a year). I am not sure if the Vaio's all have the same chargers. So if you can put the exact model number etc, I can have a look for you.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

It will more than likely be the socket inside the laptop rather than a problem with the adapter, especially after a drop.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Yes thanks, it is the internal bit of the laptop. I have now broken two in the same way:!:

Using a mac now and love it as the power cable if knocked or forgoton about just detaches as a magnet.

Going to have a bit of courage when got the energy and try to fix the other two when got a solder iron xx

Sometimes theses are easy to repair, it all depends on the design of your Laptop. The socket on some laptops is on it's own little circuit board but most are soldered to the main board (motherboard). The cost in repairing them is usually labour based on stripping the laptop down. It takes a good 20 mins each way plus the time to fix the socket. So £60.00 is about right although you can get it done for less.