Egg CCA - Need help to know if enforceable or not please

fdpm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have recently received bundle of papers from Bryan Carter in response to CCA request and not sure if the CCA from Egg is actually an agreement or an application form posing as an agreement?

It was taken out online back in 2005 and starts at top of page saying it is a CCA regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Under a heading Key Financial Information it has the following:

1. Credit Limit - some blurb about them sertting and telling me the credit limit from time to time

2. Repayments - about minimum payments

3. APR

4. Interest

5. How repayments used

6. Total Charge for Credit

7. Charges

Missing Payments

A bit to read about my rights

Theft, Loss or Misuse

A box saying about sign it if you want to be legally bound - with a tick and date

Another box with a tick saying Signature of Lender and date

Then it says - by submitting this Agreement to us, you confirm that you want us to issue you with an Egg card ....

They have also sent me pages and pages of screen prints that state Legal Information -

I will try and copy these up if needs be, but just wondered if anyone could give me some advice??

Thank you

I'm a L-Plate cagger - new at all this but determined to learn as much as I can, to help as many others as I can, and to fight back as often as I can!:-x

Any help or advice from me is offered in good faith, based on my knowledge and experience gained either from here or from my own cases. I am NOT a legal expert. There are several other CAG members and the site team who are much better qualified than me. Please do not make any decisions based on my advice alone.

Donate as much as you can to this site as often as you can! We need to keep on helping each other.

moved to the egg forum

time to do some reading.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...