Bru v Preferred

Bru
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, been posting on another thread about this but as things are developing I thought I'd better open my own.

just to keep you abreast of whats been going on :

30 August I sent LBA to Preferred Mortgages for £1838.07 in respect of a redemption fee.

Yesterday 11 September I received a blah blagh letter from Mandy Badenhorst along with a copy of their complaints procedure, and an invitation to call her should I wish to discuss the matter further........... WOOHOO :o

Today I called her and had quite an interesting conversation.

For a few minutes I listened to her trying to explain that she was dealing with my complaint, and how it would take time , blah blah, etc etc.

I finally persuaded her that I wasn't making a complaint, therefore the company complaint procedures did not come into force.

I explained that my letter was not a letter of complaint. But was in fact a demand for payment. I went on the explain that it was very simple, like any demand, they either decide to pay, or they don't.

She finally accepted this and was informed that she still had another few days to comply with my request before court proceedings would commence.

Perhaps this will put and end to the pussyfooting around using company complaint procedures to stall for time....

the wait begins

Bru

Well done Bru - i've just had the same wishy washy crap off the Abbey saying they may get back within 4 weeks, there again, they may not. So I told them I wasn't bothered and they had 6 weeks from the initial letter to pay up or else it's court. It took them 19 days to transfer a letter I sent from their Data Protection people to Complaints - both of which appear to be in Milton Keynes...funny as!

Good Luck anyway! :)

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

:D

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

*Court Case Withdrawn - family illness*

MORTGAGES PLC

LES 6 weeks ???? long time ? i had all my details so used zoots erc lba ( hope u dont mind ) which gives them 28 days in all to pay up or we ggo for court action ! read zoots threads les they are excellent and right on the mark !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

sorry BRU i confused you but if you look at the reply above from les gunn he has given them 6 weeks to reply thats what i meant why 6 weeks?

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Paddy M - thanks for that - as I also have 1 other LBA and a MCOL running, I can wait 2 more weeks for the money - I don't want to wear myself out!! :D:D:D

--------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC

Settled in FULL on 8/8/06 - £3619.53

CAPITAL ONE

Settled in Full on 6/9/06 - £84.76

ABBEY NATIONAL (Old N&P Mortgage)

Settled In Full on 2/3/07 - £307.13

SPML

MORTGAGES PLC

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Bru,

My MCOL should have been filed against them & Barclays by now. At a cost of £320 in the space of a month!!

Barclays Bank

13/9/06 - ACCEPTED HALF ON BOTH A/Cs

HSBC

21/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL

Preferred Mortgages

11/8/06 - prelim let sent - redemption fee

12/07 - case dropped

Halifax B/S

2/07 settled in full

Halifax visa card

MCOL due

Citicards & Hillesden