Mazmurd

mazmurd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

Can anyone help!

I posted the first letter prior to a claim to HSBC head quarters two weeks ago. I was about to send the second letter tomorrow, but today have received a letter from Mr M Bowden saying the following.

"In order that I may further consider your request to refund charges debited to this account over the past 6 years, I would be grateful if you could please provide me with a complete breakdown of charges for this period."

How shall I respond to this? Has anyone else had this? I have a spreadsheet with all the charges on, should I include this with the second letter?

Are they just stalling, as presumably they have very easy access to this information? I'm not sure they need me to tell them how much they've charged me!!

Suggestions would be gratefully received!

Thanks for all the help and support on this site,

Maz murd xxx

Enclose the schedule which you have prepared with your second letter

Yeah enclose the schedule and try to make it as professional as you possibly can! (APR, interest, etc.)

Thats a very positive answer!!!! Good luck.

ps: they know very well what your charges are. They want to see whether you actually mean it.

they won't close your account because they have no grounds. Go for it!!!

Sorry to put a downer on it - but they CAN close your account for any reason - see elsewhere on this forum.

Today I had a letter from HSBC saying they want £35 an hour to itemise my charges - perhaps you could make the same offer to them?:rolleyes:

I got that letter from HSBC, I called them and detailed the charges, then sent my letter before action.

Got a letter back saying the charges are legal and enforcable, so now I have to decide whether to take the risk that they might close my accounts if I take them to court....

Go for it...

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6641 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks