NatWest : Direct Debit early collection

HomerRamone
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4843 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi foiks,

I have a query about the collection of direct debits and wether or not what nat-west have started doing is allowed. It is my intention to write to them about it as I am not happy all, but hopefully someone on here can let me know if what they are doing is common, and allowable.

Basically this month, and last, Nat have taken it upon themselves to remove money from my account for forthcoming DD payments.

So today for example they have removed around £350 from my account for direct debits that are due to be collected on Monday. They did something similar last month I was going to look into it then but never got around to it.

Thing is the leaves the account with almost zero cash, so when I went to try to use the cash I thought was in my account this afternoon it wasnt there. Fortunatley I had some cash on me else I wouldve been really stuffed.

Thing is my pay will go into the bank monday - and therefore when it does there will be more than enough to cover these imminent DDs.. So im feeling a little miffed they have decided to remove funds from my account 2 days early.

If the day they went out was a Sunday or something then I guess it would make a little sense, but no, they have removed funds on a non-bank-working day that are due on a bank working day.

Are they allowed to do this ?

Thanks in advance

Edited by HomerRamone
typo

Hi,

I'm not that sure but I know the money has to be in your account the day before the Direct Debits are due to come out, can't you shift the dates of the D/D's.

They say the D/D's come out at the start of business so you don't have the time to deposit any cash on the same day.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert