Meter readers for prepayment meters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4847 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I was just wondering if anyone could help?

We have prepayment meters for both gas and electric and both with British Gas. They were in the property when we first started renting it so have carried on with them.

Does a person have to come out and read them? I am sure I read on their website that we don't need them to as it is done automatically via the card and stick thing (this was september 2009).

I am sick and tired of people knocking on my door - I won't let them in as I don't trust them and on pay as you go phone with minimal credit to ring and check their ID.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to your response

yeh they do come out to read it, i have a meter too and they usually come out twice a year. they do this usually before they send you a summery detailing what youve spent and what you can expect to spend for the next period. no idea why they do it, probably just checking you havent messed around with the meter but they do. if your ever unsure ask them for ID and if you have doubts phone up the company and quote the persons ID number for verification, can never be too cautious and they are required by law to let you check

legally they have to read the meter at least once in 24mts and you have to allow them access.

there is nothing to stop you inputting your readings via the website too though.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...