Unbelievable Banks Attitude

kaznelson
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I work in an Accounts Department and our customer can pay by Standers Orders.

Ofter the Banks process these incorrectly and make additional payments. The Bank then approach us for a refund under a "mistake of fact"

We refund them after x days and they incurr an admin fee

Today I had a Bank on the phone demanding we refund them immediately. The lady was from the Royal Bank of Scotland and she was saying she couldnt understand why we weren't refunding them in full and immediately!!!! She also said "I can't believe you take this money from us and wont refund us"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took all my strength not to say to who have you ever looked on the Consumer Action Group & then talk to me about refunds

Rant Over

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

The boot is on the other foot - and they can't take the kicking...did you change your refunds policy? I sincerely hope not.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

yeah, i once charged alliance and leicester 70 quid under the commercial debts act for paying late. they complained. unlike them i dont have a fully automated busienss that bangs out letters at the rate of a thousand a minute costing a penny - i have to pay an actual human being.

Exactly, I've just spent three hours going through my old statements. It all takes time.

Incidentally, how can they claim "you TOOK the money from them?" Surely they gave it to you?

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

Incidentally, how can they claim "you TOOK the money from them?" Surely they gave it to you?

Now, THAT is a very interesting angle...who is at fault...?

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I always look for ways to play them at their own game, using their own rules. Ask the awkward questions.

Here's a classic example: How can they refuse to pay a direct debit because it would take you overdrawn on an account that has no overdraft facility, then tell you they could not pay it because the account is NOT ALLOWED to become overdrawn, then add failed direct debit charges that take the account further overdrawn than it would have been if they had paid the direct debit. Ask a bank manager to explain how that is possible, I've been asking them for years and never got an answer.

If the account carries no overdraft facility, then that surely prevents them from adding a charge that sends the account into overdraft?

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks