Not a store as such, but... Dyson

Bookworm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ah, if I had known then what I know now.sigh.gif

I bought one of their hoovers many years ago, the first model... And what a load of cr*p that was...

Anyway, back to modern times and I am now the not-so-proud owner of one of their washing machines. Came with 2 yrs warranty.

Now the LED panel has gone weird on me, and I have to contact them. I shall be testing first hand the statutory rights issue with them, and will report on their response as soon as possible.

Same here. I bought the DC04 "animal", mainly because I have a large white dog which moults twice a year and a new dark blue carpet. The Dyson just doesn't pick up the dog hairs, it takes about 45 mins or more to vac the carpet properly.

Wish I had sent the Dyson back now.

I only mouth my opinion, please look elsewhere for sensible advice! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Ah, if I had known then what I know now.sigh.gif

I bought one of their hoovers many years ago, the first model... And what a load of cr*p that was...

Anyway, back to modern times and I am now the not-so-proud owner of one of their washing machines. Came with 2 yrs warranty.

Now the LED panel has gone weird on me, and I have to contact them. I shall be testing first hand the statutory rights issue with them, and will report on their response as soon as possible.

Just a bit baffled why you bought a washer after discovering their vacs were crap?

They were the only ones who had a 7 kg washload (which I badly needed) at the time, and the market studies all agreed it was a very good product.

Simply because one of their very 1st products failed doesn't mean the whole line was cr*p... and their success seems to prove that, a lot of people are very satisfied with their stuff.

To be fair, the washing-machine works brilliantly, it seems to be the peripherals that are the problem (door hinge, now the LCD panel).

Fair comment, I must admit though that most people I meet that own Dyson vacs are unhappy with them despite the company's success with their range.

I recently bought a 6kg load Siemens washer, cost be £600 but comes with an inclusive 10 year warranty. My last one was a Bosch, got 8 years heavy use out of it without a hitch before a pump valve failed, repair quoted at £89 but decided to get a new one because of it's age.

Wow. That is an impressive machine/warranty/price rapport. My w/m cost *gulp* 1k, and came with 2 yrs warranty.

At the time, though, it was the only one that came with such heavy washloads, apart from industrial machines, and as I was taking foreign students, I needed that with washing quilts and sheets 2-3 times a week. (plus teenage daughter who by herself probably trebled the load, lol).

Yes, bought a couple of months ago from Apollo 2000. The machine was an £899 machine but an outgoing model, so was reduced to £699 with 5 year warranty.

I got the last one, and managed to wangle another £100 off because of a scratch down the side (can't be seen in situ :) and got them to agree to a 10-year warranty, same as the machine which replaced the outgoing model has, instead of the already-generous 5-year warranty on offer! Well pleased.

You will almost always get money off if you spot slight damage to a display model. I also got £100 off a bosch dishwasher for the same thing, was already in the "display model" sale for £239 at MFI, got it for £139 and wangled free delivery too :)

Moral is if you don't ask you don't get, always worth a try!

• 2 weeks later...

Just to offset the balance a little, I have had a DC01 vac and a DC04 and both have been great, with no trouble from either. (except an ex-wife who managed to break the handle on the DC01 which is supposed to be unbreakable!!)

And certainly better than any other cleaners I have ever had.

I recently bought a spare hose for the DC04 over the internet and it arrived within a few days, no trouble, excellent service.

No, I don't work for Dyson. :-)

Same here. I bought the DC04 "animal", mainly because I have a large white dog which moults twice a year and a new dark blue carpet. The Dyson just doesn't pick up the dog hairs, it takes about 45 mins or more to vac the carpet properly.

Wish I had sent the Dyson back now.

Have you tried contacting them to see if they can help you? You never know? My DC01 was great at picking up Labrador hair.

Yes, they said there is nothing they can do about it and it wasn't suitable for all types of carpet.

I don't know a lot about carpets but it's a flat sort of carpet, only had it fitted last year, no thick pile or anything so you wouldn't think it presented that much of a challenge. Either way I wil have to change the carpet or the vac, can't cope with a permanent layer of mutt hairs and 45 mins twice a day to vac the carpet.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Dyson is great and their customer service superb. I phoned them the other day due to the suction hose having split. Our DC07 is well out ofthe 2 year warranty but they replaced FOC as a goodwill gesture with out me having to ask!!

If only banks were like that huh

Incidentally we have a golden retriever, 3 cats and 2 kids and the DC07 picks up great

woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So they should! They charge enough for their products. We seem to have been conditioned into accepting that things should only last a year or two these days.

Dysons are a classic example, mine is about 3 years old and I have had to make 3 or 4 out of warranty repairs inluding a replacement hose. That would never have been the case 20 years ago.

No profit to be had in making things that last though.

We got a Dyson "Motorhead" (its like the Animal one but a little older) from my parents who hated it and the motorhead part had burnt out and they were cheesed off as they paid £300 for it.

Anyway went to local dealer paid £30 for a new motorised head and whilst I was dismantling the old one found a chewed up bolt in it, guess thats why it stopped working then lmao.

We had at the time 2 dogs, Collie X and German Shepherd (she used to shed like hell) and 4 cats.

After about 18 months it wouldn't switch on so off to the local Dyson repairman (i'd already stripped it down and pretty much sussed the fault out) it was down the the hose as the power runs through it and it needed a new hose £35 for a new hose and all was running again.

So far its cost us £65 for this hoover and its brilliant would be very happy to buy another one :D

• 2 weeks later...

Nit picking to the max lol ;)

There are plenty of things such as this its just become part of the modern language

Hoover=vacuum cleaner

Walkman=personal radio (possibly to be replaced with ipod for the future? lol)

We all use them and we all know what they mean!

Have to say I bought a dyson vac about 4 years ago. had absolutely no problems with it apart from having to change afilter (well thats what happens when you use it to clean a nightclub for 6 months lol). I used to be in electrical retail a few years ago and had very few problems with either their vacs or washers. any minor 'faults' were usually down to misuse (not saying everybody misuses before you all start lol!) and generally only minor things (hoses breaking - strange that after you drive your car over it after hoovering it out!) etc. and found dyson service to be exceptional for both repairs and also spare parts.

• Data Protection Act sent and statements received
  • totalled up charges amounting to just under £7k
  • Prelim letter sent - amount £295.00 (this is an amount that was already in process of being claimed)
  • No response to prelim
  • LBA sent via recorded 22/07/06
  • Small claims lodged
  • Refund received without going to court:D
  • Letters sent for start of BIG claim (approx £6,00)
  • GTF received to first LBA - 17/10/2006:sad:
  • Calling Date for Sum Cause 1 - 20/12/2006
  • Summary Cause Lodged £1450.00 - 2/11/2006

Have to say I bought a dyson vac about 4 years ago. had absolutely no problems with it apart from having to change afilter (well thats what happens when you use it to clean a nightclub for 6 months lol). I used to be in electrical retail a few years ago and had very few problems with either their vacs or washers. any minor 'faults' were usually down to misuse (not saying everybody misuses before you all start lol!) and generally only minor things (hoses breaking - strange that after you drive your car over it after hoovering it out!) etc. and found dyson service to be exceptional for both repairs and also spare parts.
so it should be considering the prices they charge!

• 8 months later...

I know this thread is old but just need to vent my frustration !!

ARRRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH !

I have a dyson washing machine that I also paid £1K for. Or rather I did.

I actually have a replacement dyson washing machine that was exchanged for my manky ol lemon of a dyson washing machine !

In a nutshell my dyson broke down about every 6 weeks and after 3 years of call outs , the dyson area manager decided that I rightly deserved a new machine.

Now TBH, I was totally cheesed off with the damn thing, but put it down to it being a rogue machine, happy in the knowledge that I had a new machine,all problems solved.

Everything was just dandy .My new machine has been fine, and has only needed 2 call outs :o in the last 6 months or so.

Until this week.The drums stopped rotating so booked a call out and the engineer duly attended this morning and righted the fault. The belt had come off, which seemed to suprise the engineer who had never had this problem before.

Anyway, he left, I put some of the backlog of washing in which was fine for the first load .

2nd load and bang !. exactly the same as before !

Dyson cant get anyone out til monday .

I have lost all faith in Dyson and TBH i want them to take the bloody thing and give me a refund(or partial refund)

I had an indesit machine for 7 years and never had any problems with that. It only cost £169.

Any comments on what I should do would be appreciated.

Thanks Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D

• 11 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6288 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks