Help needed : Managing Agent is not responding to any issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We are having problems with the agent who manages our flats. The same agent manages all the flats in our building, and we don't get any response for any of the problems we have. A few of them are listed below.

What action can we take against the agents legally ? Who should we approach ?

Is there atall a way to make them respond to our requests ? Can Council help us in this matter ?

Ant info on this would be of great help. Thanks in Advance, below are the issues.

1) The Garbage Bin is placed behind the building and we can go there using the underground parking area, for which we need 3 keys to 3 different doors. It has been 6 months and none of the tenants here have got a key, and we are currently using the opposite building ( we have to do this without the knowledge of the people from that building ), and I was caught once throwing the garbage and had to be sorry for what I was doing.

2) We pay for the parking, but we cannot use, since we haven't been given neither the remote control for the parking gate, nor the keys to it. We have been asking and they always say next week and it has been 6 months now and we are paying outside parking to park our cars. Finally one day he says we have no parking slots there, and there is no parking for this building. What should we do ?

3) There has been a mouse in the house and the agent doesn't even care to try/help us trap it.

4) The lights in the building common area, lift area have been off for months, and no one takes care even after complaining almost everyday.

PLEASE SUGGEST us what to do and how to proceed with this.

Thanks,

-Chait.

Do you have an address for your landlord? legally you should have. if so write and tell him of your concerns and that the agent is not doing the job he is paying him to do! ask him for his help in this matter stating if nothing is done about it then you will contact the council re your rubbish as its a health hazard and report the agent to ARLA. hope this helps?

Thank you Cillitbanger for such a quick response.

I have another problem here, the landlord has changed recently and so has the letting agent ( Management and Letting Agents were different ) and I have not received any details of the new landlord yet and the agent denies to give the phone number of the landlord. Don't know what to do. I will try to see if I can get any of the other tenants to contact their landlord.

If the contract is with the landlord rather than the agent the landlord has to inform you of an address where papers can be served until he does you don't have to pay rent (although that approach can end badly).

As to your other problems, the garage find out how much private secure parking is in your area and send a lba claiming 6 months worth of rent for the garage. State the secure parking facilities are one of the main reasons you chose this flat and also that should any damage happen to your car you will seek to recover it from the agents.