** Receieved a letter from MIB claiming £6938.08 from car crash in 2006

kirstyxxm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4833 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My sister was in a small crash in 2006, she was uninsured. she went to court, lost her license for 6 months and receieved a £1200 fine. 5 years have gone and now shes just receieved a letter saying she has to pay £6938.08 to motor insurence bureau. Didnt she pay her mistake already???

please help

• 1 month later...

Hi

See my current post i am just about to update. PM if you have any problems

Problem you have is

a. Your sister was gulity

b. Becuase she was not insured the MIB are now looking to recover there costs.

You maybe able to set aside a proportion of the claim if it was for personal injury there is a 3 year time limit for bringing action. I am not sure were you would stand regarding repairs and costs.

Something you will have to research

Edited by Azazal23

Just because her insurance had expired does not mean she's liable for the 'bump.'

'Faintheart' see my reply in the 'MIB-Close Credit Management - Claim issued' post. It worked for Randomfact and I.

MIB cases are very complex,

Before anyone can really advise they require a certain amount of information, regarding the claim otherwise wrong advise is often given. I assume that Close Credit Management is involved if that is the case they are dealing with 2nd placement debt (this means it has already been to a collection agency who has closed the file and now it has ben passed out again to another agency to chance there arm at collection) This lot are very agressive. Need to know more about the case:mad2: