defualts removed from credit file,

andy8
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4824 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya everyone,

I have been chasing this problem for about 2 weeks now,

It all started when i applied for credit for my daughters wheelchair as hers has broken with age,

When i was refused i did the normal thing and checked my credit file on the Equifax and Eperian websites to find 5 defualts from barclays stamped across my credit file stopping me from getting credit,

I called barclays and after 6 people finaly got throught to customer relations and spoke to a very nice lady who after expalining that this person on my credot file is not me and i have never been a customer with Barclays she agreed to have all the information on my credit file removed, :)

Well this morning i recieved a letter from the same lady telling me that she had now confirmed from all the credit agencies that this info had been removed from my file,

So just to double check i sent off for another copy to make sure before going back down the wheelchair shop and embarress myself again,

To my horror they are still on there and am absolutely gutted that they have not been removed as she states on the letter, i aslo managed to get someone on the telephone at Equifax this morning to see what is happening and they told me that they have had no instructions from Barclays to remove this and this is why its still on there :(

Any ideas what to do next apart from the obvious and call the lady back on monday morn?? does it take a certain ammount of time or something and im just being hasty??

Thanks

Hi,

No there is no timescale on the letter, it just states that they have now confirmed that all the agencies have now removed the information and that the matter is now closed unless i have any probs and to contact them back within 8 weeks

Thanks

STM is correct. once a month data is sent to the CRA's (unless manual intervention) So check after a month and it will be all clear. I wouldnt apply for finance from the same company untill atleast 3 months

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

Yes give them atleast 28days for surity send a copy of the letter to all 3 CRA's and it will either speed it up or guarantee it be done on time (they will verify with Barclays first).

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

There is also a strong case for compensation here. You have been given a bad rating for no reason which has resulted in you being turned down for credit (if you had no bad entries on your report before)

if i apply for finace on the wheelchair tomorrow morn and i get refused again cos there still on there, do u think it will change the decision if i take a copy of my credit file and the letter from barclays to confirm my story when i expalin it to them???

Not really beacuse the majority of decisions are automated. I would hold on because getting rejected a few times would worsen your situation. If you only had that search then I would wait untill all defaults are gone then take a shot.

Understand your situation but jumpng the gun and getting rejected again will make you 100% worse. Once it is resolvd I would make a claim against Barclays. No sob story letters just a letter to state your intentions, then letter before action and then straight to court.

You could contact the lady at Barclays that dealt with this, explain that they have not removed the defaults & have been turned down for credit again, so you have not been able to get the wheelchair that you were after. Then add that the amount of compensation that the courts will award you will exceed the value pf the wheelchair so would they like to get their corporate barclaycard into action & pay for the wheelchair from your supplier & get it delivered to you later today & that be the end of the matter or would they prefer you to go to court & get a judgement against them plus a whole lot of bad publicity.

I suspect that even then they will prefer the court route, but its worth a try if you have her phone no

its just got worse, a lot worse :-(

I checked my credit file again today to find that another 5 defaults have been stamped across my credit file from a list of companys for debt, i called equifax to see what the hell is going on and was told by the lady that as a result of barclays linking my address to the address of this other person with the same name they have now added all of hos bad credit onto my credit file, Im at my wits end with this and will be calling barclays in the morning, i really cant see a good end to all this

help

What you can do is take a copy of your credit report to your local police station and explain to them that you may be the victim of Idendity Fraud as you are being linked to someone of the same name that you do not know. Ask the police for a Crime Reference Number which they will give you and call the credit Reference Agencies and tell them that you have reported te matter to the Police as you think you may have been the victim of Idendity Fraud and give them the Crime Reference Number.

They will have to investigate and they are more likely to remove the entire accounts whilst they conduct the investigation, which will stay removed once they have completed the investigation and find that you are not that person.

tell barclays that you are contacting the police or better than that, go to the police first and report the matter. Say you may be the victim of Idendity Theft and ask for a Crime Reference Number.

Call Barclays and tell them you have reported it to the police and give them the Crime Reference Number. I am sure they will get it removed very quickly indeed.

you think that will get them removed tomorrow,??? Everyday longer my daughter is without her new wheelchair its a blow for us, all I need this removed tomorrow at the latest so i will have time to go get her new one before i start back working away again on fri and dont get back home until next wed.

tell barclays that you are contacting the police or better than that, go to the police first and report the matter. Say you may be the victim of Idendity Theft and ask for a Crime Reference Number.

Call Barclays and tell them you have reported it to the police and give them the Crime Reference Number. I am sure they will get it removed very quickly indeed.

Saying you have been a victim of ID fraud will get a CIFAS entry on the credit score which may again get you refused (and CIFAS stays for a year). CIFAS is for direct identity theft and also people who make false applications so lenders do not take kindly to it.

its just got worse, a lot worse :-(

I checked my credit file again today to find that another 5 defaults have been stamped across my credit file from a list of companys for debt, i called equifax to see what the hell is going on and was told by the lady that as a result of barclays linking my address to the address of this other person with the same name they have now added all of hos bad credit onto my credit file, Im at my wits end with this and will be calling barclays in the morning, i really cant see a good end to all this

help

Unless that guy has a same/similar DOB then ok fair enough but things like this dont usually happen. It may just be id theft and not another guy

It's another **** up by Barclays

I really would telephone Barclays (see post 15) if you know the lady's number

Failing that you are in to letter ping pong with Barclays

You need to tell Barclays that they have screwed up your credit file & it is up to them to sort it out. I believe that in this case Experian should sort it - they say Barclays have messed it up by connecting someone else to you so they are admitting that there is an error - how can they refuse to resolve it

This sounds like an occasion when you need to be very assertive and pushy

You need to give them a time limit & tell them to get back to you

You have to tell them that they are preventing your purchase because of their incompetance & they need to do something as a matter of urgency AND also compensate you for your losses as well as time and trouble.

Tell the lady where you were getting the wheelchair from & to arrange delivery today if they want to limit their liability for damages.