The hound V Capital one

keatergreyhound
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6474 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There

Im totally sruck and hoping someone can tell me what to do next

Ive had my letter back from C1 offering me £120 of the £300 back as a good will gesture. Ideally id like the full amount back plus intrest.

What do I need to do now.

Is there a letter template to use basically saying im rejesting your offerings and cough up the rest?

Sorry im a nervous person and need me hand holding quite a bit

Hi here is a letter to send refusing their pathetic offer and demand all your money back hope it helps you. you cant add interest on the amount until you take c/court action. remind them that the amount you want paying back at the moment doesnt include interest,so they should pay you back asap. cheers LES.;) DATE}

Dear XXXX

Ref your recent offer

Thank you for your recent offer of £ XXXXX as a gesture of goodwill, I must inform you that I will not be accepting this offer. As outlined in my earlier correspondence I explained that the charges you have applied to my account are contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Further or in the alternative, I believed that your charges are a Penalty.

Penalty charges are irrecoverable at common law. The precedent for this was Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Co Ltd v New Garage and Motor co Ltd [1915] AC 79.along with Murray v. Leisure play [2005] EWCA Civ 963

Although in my original letter I informed you that I would start legal proceedings within 14 days, as a gesture of goodwill I will give you an extra 7 days to refund £ XXX back on to my account. If this is not done within the 7 days, I will be forced to start legal proceedings, you will receive no further warnings.