Phoenix Recoveries vs D Kotecha - Court of Appeal

pt2537
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are you saying there is anything wrong in your view with this Court of Appeal judgment?

Check this out:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/08/English_court_system.png

Waksman is the 3rd rung down.

Not with you

Nice diagram i remember copying it myself years ago good to see it again

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeems pretty plain to me

what part of " the creditor does not need acces to the orriginal agreement to produce a compliant copy under section 78" dont you understand

Peter

That's plain and simple to understand, when it is put like that.

Does this mean that such a document, compliant under s.78, is compliant with other sections of the Act which are more important? No.

Should a person be taking their creditor to court on any basis which leads to the prospect of having a credit agreement ruled unenforceable? No. This has never been the mantra. The CCA is a defensive mechanism for the debtor as in all circumstances the creditor holds the deck. Such legislation is designed to protect debtors from entering into unfair contracts.

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with your posts Peter, I really don't.

That's plain and simple to understand, when it is put like that.

Does this mean that such a document, compliant under s.78, is compliant with other sections of the Act which are more important? No.

Should a person be taking their creditor to court on any basis which leads to the prospect of having a credit agreement ruled unenforceable? No. This has never been the mantra. The CCA is a defensive mechanism for the debtor as in all circumstances the creditor holds the deck. Such legislation is designed to protect debtors from entering into unfair contracts.

I'm not sure what you are trying to prove with your posts Peter, I really don't.

I agree that it is a bad idea tol take drebtors to court dont see your point. They do incedently though Egg last year for instance ask Pal

The point is the section 78 copy does not have to have been produced with referbce to the orriginal so how can it be used to provew or disprove the enforceabiulity of it,it cant and since that is the essence os section 127 then permanent unenforceability is out of the quesion.

Peter

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

You know fine and well there are legally qualified people on here. Maybe they are a minority but given you know different why would you say that ?

M1

but to be even handed- there are some on here that give the impression that they are legally qualified- but are not- and don't rush to correct anyone else who expresses the mistaken r belief that they are!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks