bump sneaky welcome tactics !!!!!!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi a mate got car from welcome aprox 8 months ago, total to pay back £11,000

had afew probs ect and this resulted in a visit from welcome, giving them 3 options;

1) pay amount owed (aprox £180)

2)??????????????????????/

3) give car back

after a very heated argument , mate walked out, a few days later his son gave him a piece of paper from welcome guy ; the total amount had gone up to £13,000 and the agreement started again from scratch, the only person who signed this was welcome guy,

my mate was gonna choose to give car back, how does he stand legally as he never agreed to any of this does the new contract stand ??

If he hasn't signed the contract, then the contract doesn't exist as far as the law is concerned. However he obviously still needs to sort out the issues with the original contract and make arrangements to clear this debt.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I agree with barracad, Welcome are really good at trying to get the upper hand all of the time. I know from experience as they tried this with me and after a few letters to the area office and a meeting with the manager, they did revert back to the old agreement.

Did you recieve any paperwork before they visited or did they just turn up un-anounced. (home visits may of added a penatly charge to your account. it used to be £25 pounds)

The other thing i would say is that, and i may be totally wrong but I was under the impression that if your (son) is under i think it is either 16 or eighteen, and at home on their own, They can only ask to speak to you. if you are not in or present, They have to walk away. They cannot talk further or give them anything. As I said this may be wrong but I thought think this is correct.

All I would say is something that I was told by legal advisor is that you must still make your payments and show willing in your case, I would say (not a legal buff but this is a personal veiw) stick to the orginal agreement.

Have my own thread within this section - Welcome car finance

Welcome car finance - Won 19/10/06

Barclays - Offered 48% said no

Next step - moneyclaim

Barclaycard - your next