Please help my car was hit from behind

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update: The Leeds City enforcement officer has interviewed me and my wife, he also said he will take this matter to civil court and have him prosecuted. He has also interviewed the taxi driver, and made him draw out the position of my car and his car on paper and that is something he has found, dose not match with our statements at all.

Police: They are not going to section me or arrest me (Thank god for that :lol:) But have said they are no longer going to deal with this, because the Leeds city council are dealing with it now. Police can not treat it as a criminal matter, because they do not have any evidence. Police have closed they file.

Insurance: My insurance have, advised the 3rd party to withdraw they claim on the grounds of vandalism done on the car. This taxi driver has damaged his car more, and after insurance people compared the pics they said" No way my car ould have done that damage, if it did then my car would have also had the same impact.

His damage has been quoted £2100.00:!: plus injury claim. My insurance company said the fraud team have said, there is no way such damage could be caused, and are going to refuse all 3rd party calm.

(guys thank you all sorry for the late update, but it is looking very positive)

The police have dealt with this very badly IMHO.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 2 months later...

Update: Today I have received a letter from West Yorkshire Police saying the issue is not going to go any further (meaning that can not do anything about this uninsured driver)

My Insurance company have refused to pay anything towards that idiot who made a false claim, and I will have to wait for 6 months to get a response from his Insurance company as they are not communicating, after 6months my car insurance can start a court claim if they still don't pay out.

Overall thanks to all you positive people who have helped me, my only worry was of being locked up, as I have never ever been to a police cell lol thanks guys I will update you all with the outcome of the claim.

(Never have any hope with Bradford Police I believe they are the worst Police force to deal with in our country)

I would suggest you contact your MP and get him/her to earn their expenses and look into how the police handled this. Looks like it is ok then for un-insured drivers to take the risk in West Yorkshire!

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

• 1 month later...

Update: Leeds city council has put the taxi driver in court and he the driver, has put in a not guilty plea in, so the trial date has been set for end of September 2011.

Me and my wife would have to go court to give evidence, and also the independent witness is happy to give evidence. Taxi driver has accused the enforcement officer of not taking the taxi drivers witness details etc so in other words the taxi driver is calling the enforcement officer a liar.

My insurance company can not get any response from his insurance company called Markerstudy, has anyone heard of them?

Google brings them up

Hmm couple of the review sites are showing a lot of discontent with this firm but that is as customers of them. Submissiveguy, Your insurance firm needs to step up the action then. Fact is I would think they'll wait until the outcome of the criminal proceedings are known before admitting liability and talking to your insurance firm but thats just a guess not an enlightened thought :/

S.

• 5 weeks later...

Update: I have just received a phone call from my Insurance telling me that the other party is willing to pay out for the damage to my car (thanks to you guys)

Now does this mean, they have accepted liability?

(Also I will still have to go as a witness to court to for Leeds city council)

Guys I swear down, this form has giving me hope and support thanks to all of you guys

Yes, their insurance wouldnt pay out unless liability was admitted.. he/she may still deny it (cant remember who was driving, think it was a her) but her/his insurance firm has the authorisation to deny/admit the claim on their behalf, same as yours does if they ever want/need to.

S.

• 1 month later...

Update: 30 Sep 2011

We attended the court and gave evidence, the taxi driver did not have a solicitor and argued to represent him own self, were he made a fool out of himself by using some unappropriate words. After lunch time we went back and was informed that the taxi driver has put in his guilty plea:!:

This is what he got

Court Fine £1,500

Court costs £1,500

Plus 8 points on his driving licence (he already had 3, so it makes it 11 points)

and his taxi licence is revoked!

A big thanks you to you all who supported me at such a difficult time, and this really does mean a lot. I was innocent and did not want to be played in any way or form, truth would always win and this is something I strongly believe in thanks guys :)