style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone

Received a doorstep visit from an 'agent' of Credit Security today, in respect of a disputed M&S Money agreement. M&S were CCA'd in September 2008 and failed to comply. (They sent only a copy of T's&C's).

This is the culmination of long ignored correspondence from Credit Security, which has now reached the point of them threatening Court and the doorstep visit. I've now compiled the attached letter, partially using a CAG template. Any comments and observations would be much appreciated before I send on Monday 17 Jan.

Letter.140111.Anon1.pdf

My first observation would be NOT to send this via recorded delivery. ALL you legally require is to obtain proof of posting, and even then I would send it 2nd class, why should you have to pay extra for P&P when these get away with sending everything TNT/walk sort/2nd class post?

Secondly keep it succinct, do you think they really care that it was your husband who answered the door to an unsolicited visitor?

2nd Para: Should read "Be advised I will ONLY communicate with you in writing, this is my preferred method of communication, all of your phone calls have been logged"

They do not follow OFT debt collection guidelines, so it is pointless spouting them off verbatim, they know what they should and shouldn't be doing, and don't forget these are ONLY guidelines.

There is no need to show them the error of their ways and supply them with any evidence as to why this is in dispute, this info 'should' have been given to them when they were passed the portfolio, it is NOT your job to do so, a very simple "This account is already in dispute with xxxxxxxx as they have failed to respond to my CCA request sent on dd/mm/yyyy.

"Currently the FOS, FSA and OFT are investigating M&S regarding my complaint, you are therefore informed that your actions are being recorded with a view to any legal action I am informed I should take, it is in your own interest to return this account to the OC (M&S).

ALL of my phone calls are recorded.

ALL correspondence relating to this account is copied and forwarded to the OFT FSA & FOS to further their investigation"

Keep it simple, basic, to the point, if needs be, just re-iterate that M&S are still in breach of sending you the CCA, therefore these fools should send it back.

There is very little point in telling them what they already know, yet avoid practising.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I think you need to erase your name ' Helen '

Hi everyone

Received a doorstep visit from an 'agent' of Credit Security today, in respect of a disputed M&S Money agreement. M&S were CCA'd in September 2008 and failed to comply. (They sent only a copy of T's&C's).

This is the culmination of long ignored correspondence from Credit Security, which has now reached the point of them threatening Court and the doorstep visit. I've now compiled the attached letter, partially using a CAG template. Any comments and observations would be much appreciated before I send on Monday 17 Jan.

Regards..Mr Worried :)

I think you need to erase your name ' xxxx '

And i think you need to remove it from your post too :razz:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.