Non refundable deposit

gpthit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've recently decided to buy a Shar Pei pup from a breeder and have put a "non refundable deposit " of £100 pounds down so she would keep him for me (only 3 weeks old at the moment). Since paying the deposit I've done some research on his pedigree and found he may have some dogs in his 5 generation pedigree that come from lines that may carry hereditary diseases (shar pei fever and amaloid).

I'm researching this at the moment and have requested all the names of the involved dogs from both parents histories, if this is correct and he is from these lines would I be in my rights to demand the deposit back if I chose not to purchase the pup? I will not be buying the pup regardles if he is bred from these lines.

Many thanks

Gareth.

Well I'll start by saying I loathe breeders who state all deposits are non-refundable. This can push people into carrying on with a purchase they are not happy with and I want my animals to go where they are wanted and adored. That said, your chances of getting this back are slight. Even if you didn't sign any agreement the practicalities of getting your money back from a breeder who cares more about tenners than the puppies mean you'll be fighting for ages. It's worth asking but I'd not be hopeful. You should really have done the research before handing over money but I know it is very difficult for pet buyers to quiz a breeder. I wish more would, good ones don't mind at all.