2 Tenants - 2 keys???????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

HELP!

I moved into a rented property recently with my girlfriend.

The lettings agency actually stopped us at first application becuase we hadnt declared that there were two peoiple going to be in the property and they wanted to run a security check on my firlfriend if she was going to be paying half the rent (albiet - into my bank account and THEN to them)

Issue being that when we went to the lettings agenmcy to sign up and pay the deposit and get the key they only gave us ONE key.

Now it does say on the tennancy agreement that we only recieved ONE key - however at present we are having to hide that ONE key in bushes near the door - when one of us is out and the other needs to get in.

The landlord is refusing to have another key cut (its one of those expensive £30 keys that you have to give a security code to the lock smiths to athenticate. the front door (to the block of flats is a cheap £3 one) .

DO WE HAVE TO PAY THIS ?????

Surely we would have to give it back at the end of the tennancy or else have access to the flat for the next tenants!!!

Ben.

It is you that are requesting the extra key, and it is you as tenants that will benefit from it. Therefore, the cost of this key is your responsibility.

I can understand a landlord being wary of having an extra key cut, especially as you have already lied to the lettings agency about there only being one person living in the property.