Amazon problem - they say they never received a faulty TV I sent back over a month ago.

sdmilne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4878 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

At the end of October, I ordered a 50 inch LG plasma from Amazon. It was however faulty and after a lot of difficulty and over 6 phone calls, I was able to arrange for them to replace it. I received the new one prior to the original being taken away. That was done on November 12th when DHL came for it and as far I was aware, returned it to Amazon.

Today, I have received an email from them saying that it was never returned and they have now taken the full value of the item, £665.99 from my account. I'm just wondering what I should do before I phone them? Obviously I'm really angry as I simply can't afford to have that kind of money essentially stolen from me, especially at this time of year. Whatever has happened to the original TV is nothing to do with me and is down to either incompetance or theft somewhere along the line by either Amazon themselves or DHL. I worry though because I don't really have any way of proving I ever returned it as the Amazon returns label had no tracking on it as far as I know. It's essentially their word against mine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Hi sd

Contact your Credit Card Company, see if you can do a Chargeback, explain the circumstances fully, explain that Amozan arranged the collection. I personally would have taken the name of the driver, the van reg. time, date etc. It's an item of value, I would need proof that it's been returned.

http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/sale-of-goods/your-rights-when-paying-by-credit-card/chargeback-on-credit-and-debit-cards/

Thanks for the advice. I should have checked up on who came for it yes. I suppose I'm too trusting as I just assumed it would go back without a hitch. Would DHL have records of who make what collections on that date do you think? And also, did Amazon actually have the right to take the money without my consent?

'Would DHL have records of who make what collections on that date do you think?' Yes, DHL would have records.

For Amozan, it's probably a matching payments with inventory exercise, they should take the money without carrying out an investigation,

which they'll have to do if you get your chargeback.

• 1 month later...

Don't know if this issue has been resolved? But I had something similar with Amazon where I had bought a pair of shoes and when I received them there were both right feet shoes :) so I emailed and they phoned me back and said they would send another pair and just to return the other pair with the same driver. They then emailed me a return slip which I printed and got the driver to sign. I had no problem at all.

If you signed for the replacement then yes DHL will have your proof of the delivery being made. However if you did not get a signature or return slip signed then I think it will be your word against Amazon's (and the DHL driver) .... It may be just sat at the DHL warehouse as it won't have any paperwork. I would investigate it with DHL yourself.

Good Luck