style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have spoken to the recovery Dept at the council today.

Different lady

They are now sending me a letter that will state the there is a £00.00 balance on the amount owed.

She also stated that I would have to deal with the Bailiff s Direct over there fees.

No problem just waiting for the detailed break down of there fee's,

Then I will argue the toss with them over the amount owed.

No sight of the Bailiff, even with his threat to enforce for the balance.

I hope I have not tempted fate

Leakie

Edited by Leakie
typo

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In whitch case bailiff can foxtrot oscar beyond a visit fee or two.

I personally would tell him to foxtrot oscar for his measly 40 odd quid too, not like there is owt the parasite can do except attempt a CCJ (that hassle for 40 odd quid when he has thousands of debtors to deal with?) in which case he would have to be fully prepared to be put too, and supply strict proofs, for some reason they seem unwilling to do that.

Leakie - send him a text asking him if he is able to use the warrant of execution to enforce only his fees. A text back saying yes will be gold dust :D grounds for a complaint methinks, misrepresenting authority etc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

the liability order is paid the visit fees should be paid if they were made (having said that don't know how he would enforce it )

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1992/613/regulation/45/made

45.—(1) Where a liability order has been made, the authority which applied for the order may levy the appropriate amount by distress and sale of the goods of the debtor against whom the order was made.

(2) The appropriate amount for the purposes of paragraph (1) is the aggregate of—

(a)an amount equal to any outstanding sum which is or forms part of the amount in respect of which the liability order was made, and

(b)a sum determined in accordance with Schedule 5 in respect of charges connected with the distress.

and lets not forget this little gem the bailiff may ask the council to pay the fees from the payment you made to them which could be quite interesting wonder if a bailiff would have the brass kneck to ask for unlawful fees

http://www.debtfreeme.co.uk/assets/dfm/national-standards-enforcement-agents.pdf

Creditors agreeing the suspension of a warrant or making direct payment arrangements with debtors must give appropriate notification to and should pay appropriate fees due to the enforcement agent

I personally would tell him to foxtrot oscar for his measly 40 odd quid too, not like there is owt the parasite can do except attempt a CCJ (that hassle for 40 odd quid when he has thousands of debtors to deal with?) in which case he would have to be fully prepared to be put too, and supply strict proofs, for some reason they seem unwilling to do that.

Leakie - send him a text asking him if he is able to use the warrant of execution to enforce only his fees. A text back saying yes will be gold dust :D grounds for a complaint methinks, misrepresenting authority etc.

Lets hope the scrote has texted something like that already, then Leakie can crucify the scrote with complaints.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Afternoon

I think he is to clever to drop himself in it by text.

The last text I received from him, after he said he was going to enforce for the LO

and I informed him again that it had been paid was that

"I will enforce for the balance then"

may be he has already dropped him self in it ?

Leakie

Afternoon

I think he is to clever to drop himself in it by text.

The last text I received from him, after he said he was going to enforce for the LO

and I informed him again that it had been paid was that

"I will enforce for the balance then"

may be he has already dropped him self in it ?

Leakie

If the balance is for dodgy fees he would have to go to small claims court and swear all fees were legitimate, he is a complete muppet if he was to do that, if any are less than squeaky clean and kosher.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Also I have received a letter from Equita today

Statement

Liability order date 08/11/2011

Debt £696.53

Total £696.53

Total recieved £696.53

Balance £NIL

Well I asked for a breakdown of there fees etc

Does this confirm there are no Bailiff fees !!!!!

we live in hope.

Leakie

Yes TS, and OFT under Credit Fitness also, they hope by doing a dissapearing act on the fees a debtor will go away happy and not take it further. Chances are this idiot may still contact you and try one last time for his now zero fees,

That's fantastic! I would also send copies of your evidence to the ministry for justice as it shows clearly that fictitious fees are added to accounts of individuals who may be vulnerable.

My views are based on experience I would always urge you to do some further research and if in doubt seek legal advice.

Evening everyone

Well I have not heard from by new best friend the Bailiff

I am still waiting for the breakdown of Lawful fee's

But hopefully after the last letter from Equita they have made the fee's vanish.

Well when it rains it's gonna Pour for me.

This years Council tax has now caught up with me.

I now have Rossendales on my back.

I know I have got to pay the council ,

but when funds are short Feeding the family is more important.

We have been living from Day to Day where money is concerned

The council just does not care how much pain people are going through.

Hand delivered letter but I do not think he was a bailiff.

The letter tells me its not to late at this stage to pay by installments

but it's going to cost me an Extra £150.00 for the privilege.

I will start a new thread.

Leakie

No, it's not going to cost you an extra £150 for the privilege. Bailiff companies cannot impose fees the law does not permit. Tell them to politely go forth and pass water.

This is a new tactic, not seen it before! £150 fee for paying in installments? WTF? I assume its an "admin fee"

The CAG, the economy and people learning their rights must really be biting into their profits if they are trying this sort of desperate action on now :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is a new tactic, not seen it before! £150 fee for paying in installments? WTF? I assume its an "admin fee"

The CAG, the economy and people learning their rights must really be biting into their profits if they are trying this sort of desperate action on now :D

It's a crafty dodge to gain entry for a Levy & WPA

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haven't the Morons from Marstons heard of the Misrepresentation Act 1967 or the Fraud Act 2006?

They have but as they are in cahoots with and collecting under duress for HMCS, they think they don't apply to them, it's collect the gelt at all costs.

• 1 year later...

Hi all back again

The wife let the bailiff into the house today so he made a levy before I got back.

I had 2 LO with my council,

at first he wanted both paid up, but was obviously in a good mood and settled for the smaller amount.

so a £653 Lo became £908

Not enough goods on the form 7 to cover his fees let alone the debt,

His Fees came to £254.00

Levy fee £45.00

letters and visit fee £42.50

Enforcement fee £167.00 ( this is a fee that the council have agreed with Equita that they can charge)

only 1 visit and I am sure no letters to this address, as we moved out of the house where the LO was for back in July 2013.

do the fee's look correct

I know that the letters and visit fee is not correct

I have to be careful as I have set up an arrangement with them for £50.00 per month for the remaining LO

Thanks in advance

Leakie

If today was his first visit then all he should be charging is a levy fee which is a percentage of the debt owing. Did your wife know he was a Bailiff before she let him in? Is it possible you can list the goods he has seized according to the Notice of Seizure?

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]