Studio Cards

nic1975
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi tingy, Not had chance to open a new account yet but i will! Couple of my closest friends & my auntie know the situation but to be honest wouldnt like my mail to go to there homes some are in a simular situation & plus wouldnt want debt collectors going to there homes, if that happens.......but thanks for the advise will give it some thought!

As it's xmas eve would just like to say to everyone who has help hope u all have a very merry xmas & new year! :) x x x

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, today i finally recieved a reply from studio cards! i will put snippets of there letter.....they have sent me a reconsitituted cca, WTF? LOL, anyway not signed/dated etc & threating me with their in house debt collections dept (have also had a letter from them 2 days ago with a threat of moor croft!)

BUT the most interesting thing is that they have sent my info & as i stated previously i have not used this account since i left my old house (sep 09) + someone else's details (for a house round the corner from my old home) & it has the same account details!! LOL, it clearly shows on the info that i ordered some stuff in 2008 up to 2009 then the account was settled with my last payment then there is a gap of almost a year & then the account started to get used again.....for kids stuff (i have no kids, size 10 clothes i'm not size 10 & a phone i have a contract phone!!) so looks like its a big mistake on there part, i need some help putting a kick ass letter back, i have just copied there letters to me highlighting the mistakes, account number being the same, name& address not me + me plus highlighting the stuff i did order & the year gap. so any ideas? :-) x

REPOSTED:
:madgrin:

Hi all, today i finally recieved a reply from studio cards! i will put snippets of there letter.....they have sent me a reconsitituted cca, WTF? LOL, anyway not signed/dated etc & threating me with their in house debt collections dept (have also had a letter from them 2 days ago with a threat of moor croft!)

BUT the most interesting thing is that they have sent my info & as i stated previously i have not used this account since i left my old house (sep 09) + someone else's details (for a house round the corner from my old home) & it has the same account details!! LOL, it clearly shows on the info that i ordered some stuff in 2008 up to 2009 then the account was settled with my last payment then there is a gap of almost a year & then the account started to get used again.....for kids stuff (i have no kids, size 10 clothes i'm not size 10 & a phone i have a contract phone!!) so looks like its a big mistake on there part, i need some help putting a kick ass letter back, i have just copied there letters to me highlighting the mistakes, account number being the same, name& address not me + me plus highlighting the stuff i did order & the year gap. so any ideas?
:-)
x

LOL, no it looks like these idiots have given her my account number on these sheets they have sent, there is 5 .... 2 are my purchases from 08 & the other three are hers.....list stuff she's brought etc. top of the two that are my it has my account, my name & my old address on three that are hers it has my account number, her name her address......i've done a draft letter basically saying they should check there facts (ive highlighted important stuff they have obviously not seen as per above) and i have stated that the 1st two sheet are mine an account was settled, there is nearly a years gap between my orders an them starting again in 2010, that i left former address in 09 an account wasnt in use & didnt tell them as was not going to order from them again so thought account would close automatically when not in use & that i want to know where they got my current address as i only opened account in 08 at former addess, and that i want an apologie for the distress & slander to my reputation if not will be seeking legal advise.......not sure what else to put!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just after some advice re writing back to a letter from them... (please see last post i put on a few weeks ago) their letter,

To enable studio to investigate your balance dipute further please supply details of previous addresses you had occupied with dates that you entered the proprty & dates you vacated the property, also provide copies of tenancy aggrements or utility bills for these addresses to back up your claim you are not responsible for the account debt. once this required information has been recieved further investigations can then be carried out......

firstly they know the address i use to live at as thats when the account was opened so i shouldnt have to give any other addresses??? secondly it was over 16 months since i left this address so do not have any bills which why would they want them when they know i lived there??? weird!? :|

It's up to them to prove you owe the money, not you to prove you don't. Why should you do the work for lazy DCA's , let them earn their money

My advice is given through personal experience and is given without prejudice

If I Have helped please feel free to click the star

:smile:

I've used the following previously when in similar positions, hope it helps.

Cheers

UF

Dear Sir/Madam

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

OR ANY COMPANY YOU PURPORT TO REPRESENT

To be treated as an official dispute of this alleged debt

Thank you for your letter dated XXXXXX, the contents of which are noted. Please be advised that I shall not be furnishing you with any of the additional information requested in your correspondence. I note that I have no duty to do so and, indeed, that you have no authority to make such demands.

I am aware that it is listed within the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) guidelines on Debt Collection as Deceptive and/or Unfair Practice to require an individual to provide additional information to prove they are not the debtor in question. For this you should be aware that I intend to make a full complaint to the OFT with regards to your request.

I note your contention that this information is required to prevent a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998. I further note that up to this point you have been satisfied that you have been communicating with the correct person and you have demonstrated this by releasing personal information in the form of your demands for payment of an alleged debt. If you have not been certain that I am the person to whom you should be corresponding then you would have clearly acted in breach of this aforementioned Act of Parliament.

For this reason you should be informed that I now intend to make a full complaint regarding your conduct to the Information Commissioner.

Be aware that my dispute of the alleged debt for which you have contacted me is still valid and you are obliged to investigate my dispute and provide any relevant documentation to show that the alleged debt exists and, in the unlikely event that it does, that I am the person from whom it owes.

I note that it is listed in the OFT guidelines on Debt Collection as Physical/Psychological Harassment to ignore and/or disregard claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continue to make unjustified demands for payment.

I look forward to your written response.

Yours faithfully

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

never never never give previous address details to ANYONE

if they try to come up with a re constructed credit agreement- by law it must contain your address as at the time the agreement was entered

giving them that information when they clearly do not have it would be christmas come early for THEM!