toyota finance termination notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4859 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What ever you do, carry on paying them as per normal, i.e. what you can afford and if it goes to court at least you can demonstrate to the judge that you have made every effort to negogiate a payment plan with Toyota Finance. Probaly best to keep everything in writing.

BTW if they phone you and you tell them that you do not want to discuss the matter over the telephone and woudl like it in wsriting, this is logged onto their system and a SAR will show this transcript. Be careful what you say to them on the phone as it is all logged.

Like I posted earlier either a Time Order or a Suspended possession order will do, the problem with a Time Order is normally the balance has to be cleared on or before the agreement would have normally ended, however a Suspended Possession order allows payments to be spread over a slightly longer period as long as it is reasonable.

But in the mean time carry on making payments to Toyota, if they refuse set the money aside incase it gets to court the judge won't be impressed with Toyota if you are doing all you can to avoid court. If you have a lump sum set aside to make an offer at court the judge will notice your intentions to settle.

Try not to worry, and keep the car in the garage out of sight.

Sorry,

I'm a little confused by some of the details;

1 - If you've made 40 payments then there are 20 payments left @ £115.50 each? (you said 2 months arrears were £331)... This would mean to settle the account you would only need to pay £2,310 (20 x £115.50) - so why does the default have the settlement figure at £3,108 - some £698 more than your repayment schedule suggests. Even if 12% is knocked off the default settlement figure it would still equate to significantly more than the repayment schedule.

You've passed one important milestone, which is having repaid a third of the total balance. Passing this milestone prevents the car being repossessed without a court order, so in any case Toyota will have to go to court to repossess the vehicle. If a bailiff turns up and repossesses it and a court order isn't in place then you can reclaim all the payments that you have made towards the car to that point. The exception to this is if you willingly give him the car keys, at which point you will become liable for any deficit when Toyota dispose of the car (likely to be at Auction, so won't be private buyer rates).

It is highly likely that (to voluntarily terminate (VT) the agreement) you will need to at least clear the balance of the arrears, bringing the account back up to date. Toyota almost certainly will not let you VT whilst the account is in arrears. All of this will be outlined in the T&Cs of the agreement with Toyota.

Completely agree with Buzby that you need to be seen to be doing everything to make Toyota seem uncompromising, particularly if this is only a temporary situation that can be resolved quickly. Trying to communicate cordially with Toyota, whilst at least maintaining the agreement will hold significant value...

It is highly likely that (to voluntarily terminate (VT) the agreement) you will need to at least clear the balance of the arrears, bringing the account back up to date. Toyota almost certainly will not let you VT whilst the account is in arrears. All of this will be outlined in the T&Cs of the agreement with Toyota.

If the account is defaulted, the rights to VT are lost.

Hi

When I spoke to Toyota, with my debit card in hand to pay this months payment as they had cancelled the direct debit and have no other way of paying them unless I pay by cheque. The Lady advised me that this was no longer anything todo with Toyota Finance as the matter had been passed over to their outside collections people. Therefore, Toyota Finace would not deal with me until the account had been brought upto date. Tried explaining that was teh reason for me phoning but she didn't want to know. I have written to Toyota Finance but not holding up much hope and have not received anything from their outside collections people. I advised them over the telephone back in June2010 of my new address but they have been writting to my old address they didn't even want to take a note of this to pass over to their outside collections.

I used to pay by debit card every month and then I set up a standing order. They seem to be acting very unreasonably. Send them a cheque and if they don't cash ti, it si not your fault. Ar least you cna demonstrate that you are making the attempt. It seems that Toyota are determined to repossess this vehicle no matter what!

I used to pay by debit card every month and then I set up a standing order. They seem to be acting very unreasonably. Send them a cheque and if they don't cash ti, it si not your fault. Ar least you cna demonstrate that you are making the attempt. It seems that Toyota are determined to repossess this vehicle no matter what!

Hi

I had a visit from AC Anglia today, about the car. Told him a court order was needed to repossess the vehicle as I had already paid over 3 quarters some £7k. I explained that I had spoken to Toyota, trying to pay this months instalement by debit card but they did not want to know and that I had since written to them with a cheque enclosed for this months instalement. He said he would get AC Anglia to get in touch me in the new year to sort out the arrears on the account. He asked if I had any money I could pay today but I said no as I wanted it in writing to know exactly what I was paying.

Hi

I didn't let him in, I stood outside and spoke to him. it's all happened so quickly just for 2 missed payments, must admit I was shaking like a leaf when he had gone. Will wait to see what the new year brings and hopefully Toyota may see sense.

regards

confused

Hi

I have read your thread on time orders, sounds good but the £150 charge is putting me off at the moment as I have sent cheque to toyota not sure if they are going to cash it, so don't want it returned and the bank charges! Which is the reason I am in this mess in the first place. I did request of my refund of what I believe are unfair bank charges £3400 over 18months but cause of the high court ruling earlier on in the year told they were well with their rights.

• 1 month later...

Hi

have today received in the post a N24 from the local county court issued on 27th jan hearing on 22nd feb, return of goods reasons given breach of agreement 2 missed payments totalling £331.56, stating total charge for vehicle £10531.80 total paid up £7132.20 unpaid balance £3339.60.

I did write to Toyota finance in January2011, but they have not replied to my letter stating that I was happying to carry on with the instalements and could we come to some agreement over the arrears.

Could somebody please help me as I do not know what to do next.

confused45:-(

Sounds typical of Toyota Finance. Defend it as they are going to look quite foolish when you show the judge that you made numerous attempts to contact TFS but they never replied. I wrote several letters and so did CAB but they neve replied to any of them. You need to mention that TFS do not reply to letters sent to them in your defence and also ask for mediation.

There is a nasty piece of work in their collections department that goes by the name of Cameron who will not listen to reason. I raised a formal complaint and that was also ignored.

Hi

I am dealing with someone called Julian, who has not replied to letter sent on 11th January 2011, can't believe it for 2 missed payments especially as I have already paid back £7k out of £10k, they just want the car. Not sure how the Judge will see it as I have tried to make instalements but they refused to take my money. I will defend it.

confused

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

help needed

I filed my defence papers and acknowlegement papers requesting extension, but was advised by court that the case would still go ahead any, but today I get home to receive a letter from Toyota's Solicitors enclosing a copy of a witness statement which has been received by the court.

In this statement they request the Car back plus the original amount on the claim form in excess of £3k, can they do this and if I lose will I then have to give them back the car plus £3k which I don't have, I am so confused!. Also, they ask me to acknowlege this letter, I was going to write to them without prejudice asking if we could settle this out of court should I put that I have acknowledged their letter in that, as they can then not show this in court.

would really appreciate some advice as this is getting too stressful for me now, their making me feel like a criminal and I have only been trying to pay them.

confused

Is there anyway you can pay the arrears to save a lot of hassle? In our case we opted for mediation and when this was rejected decided to defend. We then came to an arrangement on a Tomlin order with their solicitors, probably the same ones you are dealing with, but luckily we were able to sell our caravan and paid off the debt. The car in question was our 14th Toyota, but now we will never buy another Toyota again! Apologies I cannot offer you any real advice but hopefully someoen who is more fluent in court procedures can help.

Hi

Thanks for coming back to me, I have tried paying but they don't want to know, I did phone their solicitor when I received the court papers to ask if we could try and settle this out of court and come to some arrangement with regards to arrears but she said that Toyota want the car back and that what she was going to do. Then 3 days later I get this witness statement in which she now wants the car plus £3k costs.

confused.:-(

Hi

help needed

I filed my defence papers and acknowlegement papers requesting extension, but was advised by court that the case would still go ahead any, but today I get home to receive a letter from Toyota's Solicitors enclosing a copy of a witness statement which has been received by the court.

In this statement they request the Car back plus the original amount on the claim form in excess of £3k, can they do this and if I lose will I then have to give them back the car plus £3k which I don't have, I am so confused!. Also, they ask me to acknowlege this letter, I was going to write to them without prejudice asking if we could settle this out of court should I put that I have acknowledged their letter in that, as they can then not show this in court.

would really appreciate some advice as this is getting too stressful for me now, their making me feel like a criminal and I have only been trying to pay them.

confused

can someone please help me, as not sure what to as court case is in a weeks time!