40 Days and Counting!!

Handsoffitsmine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6465 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Well after much reading and "shall I shant I" conversations with myself, I have taken the plunge (yes little old me against big old them) to take on those Shabby Sharks and get back what is rightfully mine! After all the trouble and stress they have caused me it is unbelievable and far too depressing to go into.

I sent my SAR letter to Shabby on Tuesday and know that it was delivered on Wednesday. The only thing I'm a little unsure of is when counting down the 40 days do you include weekends or is it 40 working days? Not that I would imagine in a million years they would get all six years info back to you in that time frame, but let's not be negative!!!

If anyone could clarify that point I would be very grateful.

Good luck to all!

Claire :p

Hi Claire.

Its 40 days including weekends, but you can prepare your next letter whilst waiting , and if you have any bank statements already start listing the charges applied as I did and found I had 3 years worth totalling 3500!! so this is part of my 1st claim. and keep reading through everyones threads on Abbey, it really is interesting, Good luck , everyone on here helps you so don,t despair ok.

Nicky.

abbey - claiming last 3years at 3451.99

sent S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter 20/07/2006

40 days up on 30/08/2006

recieved reply from abbey 26/07/2006 standard reply!!!!:(

still waiting for other 3 years worth of statements 25/08/2006:shock:

30/08/2006- 40 days up!

lba letter sent(for non compliance of S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) 31/08/2006 14 days to reply.

request repayment of charges letter sent 31/08/2006 14 days to reply.

08/09/2006 -recieved standard reply reg lba.

09/09/2006-recieved letter from abbey asking me to phone them to discuss my account.

account now in dispute pending outcome!!

16/09/2006 sent lba 14 days to reply.

22/09/2006 GOGW paid in acccount-800

22/09/2006-reply from complaints regarding gogw.

40 calender days, no more, no less.

HTH

Glenn

PS good luck

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't hear anything from Shabby for a couple of weeks and then received a letter from Pam Speed! She stated the usual that they could provide the last 12 months bank statements but that the last six years was held on michrofiche. They would provide me with the bank statements and use the ten pounds to pay for the michrofiche information. Well blow me down two days later I had 13 bank statements on my door mat. Two days later a years worth of michrofiche statements. Then three days later the full six years. I have to say I was rather surprised as I was ready to get my boxing gloves on for a full slug-out with Shabby. They provided this information well within the 40 days, so I do think I have been one of the lucky ones in receiving information from them.

I have added all my charges up and they total £4,544 I haven't included charges for going over my overdraft limit as not sure if I can claim these? Don't think I will be claiming interest as I can't work it out. I did the 0.00022 x and it came out at 0.99968? I'm useless at maths! Any ideas?

A confused Claire!

hi clare, you are doing fine, next you need to access a spreadsheet, try these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Remember for your first two letters (pelim and letter before action) you do not include any interest, only that you were charged if you went overdrawn soley due to their charges, the 8% you may have read about is only added on when you file a small claim, also that is when yo work out the 0.00022 interest.

So for now, you need to enter date of chargesm what you were charged for, total amount and need to send a peliminary letter asking for your money back http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-2-letter-preliminary-approach.html

Keep a copy for you, and send another, to your bank, after 14 days you need to send another schedule of charges with a letter before action, and 14 days after that you file a small claim unless the offer settlement before that.

Hope that helps

ANy probs feel free to contact me