Job centre have stopped my JSA

Silky444
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well I visited the JC on friday, I explained what happened and asked for an explanation... The guy at the desk didn't seem to care and I was told it's my fault because I didn't apply for the job, he didn't want to seem to listen so he gave me a form to fill in where i could 'Battle' their decision, i again asked him for an explanation, he never looked on his computer at my file, he just came straight out with it's my own fault then the security guard came over and I was asked to leave.

I wen't over the road to the learning centre where the job centre have their review meeting rooms, i wen't in there and filled out the form with something like this;

"I am very upset and angry with my local Job Centre and the Job Centre as a whole, I feel like I am being picked on and the staff at my local Job Centre don't seem to care. My rights as a british citizen and as a Tax payer for 6 years has been taken away for no reason at all, The amount of drug users and alcoholics that get away with reaping in hundreds of pounds a week in benefits is outrageous but surprisingly the Job Centre choose to turn a blind eye. I am giving you 10 days to reply accordingly to this letter, if you fail to reply I shall contact the local press and watchdog to seek some sort of explanation from the Job Centre."

I was so angry I did put more on there explaining my situation but thats a summery of what I put lol, lets hope i hear something :violin:

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

Well I visited the JC on friday, I explained what happened and asked for an explanation... The guy at the desk didn't seem to care and I was told it's my fault because I didn't apply for the job, he didn't want to seem to listen so he gave me a form to fill in where i could 'Battle' their decision, i again asked him for an explanation, he never looked on his computer at my file, he just came straight out with it's my own fault then the security guard came over and I was asked to leave.

I wen't over the road to the learning centre where the job centre have their review meeting rooms, i wen't in there and filled out the form with something like this;

"I am very upset and angry with my local Job Centre and the Job Centre as a whole, I feel like I am being picked on and the staff at my local Job Centre don't seem to care. My rights as a british citizen and as a Tax payer for 6 years has been taken away for no reason at all, The amount of drug users and alcoholics that get away with reaping in hundreds of pounds a week in benefits is outrageous but surprisingly the Job Centre choose to turn a blind eye. I am giving you 10 days to reply accordingly to this letter, if you fail to reply I shall contact the local press and watchdog to seek some sort of explanation from the Job Centre."

I was so angry I did put more on there explaining my situation but thats a summery of what I put lol, lets hope i hear something :violin:

The guy upstairs seriously has a problem with me.. Nothing seems to go right!!!:|

i wen't in there and filled out the form with something like this;

I was so angry I did put more on there explaining my situation but thats a summery of what I put lol, lets hope i hear something

I'm afraid that what you describe seems like more of a rant than a good reason of why you should not be sanctioned, and the DWP are very unlikely to take it seriously. If you are to have any chance of getting your sanction overturned, you need to show the DWP that you didn't actually breach your Job Seekers Agreement. Does your agreement state that you will only accept Retail work and not any other kind? If so, why did you do an ECDL computer course, if not to be better prepared for some kind of office work?

If you can show that the Jobcentre breached their obligations by sanctioning you when you did nothing wrong, then you would have grounds for complaint. Otherwise, I don't think the Press and Watchdog would want to get involved either. Sorry.

If my posts have been helpful, please click the star icon and add to my reputation points. Thanks! :-D

I'm afraid that what you describe seems like more of a rant than a good reason of why you should not be sanctioned, and the DWP are very unlikely to take it seriously. If you are to have any chance of getting your sanction overturned, you need to show the DWP that you didn't actually breach your Job Seekers Agreement. Does your agreement state that you will only accept Retail work and not any other kind? If so, why did you do an ECDL computer course, if not to be better prepared for some kind of office work?

If you can show that the Jobcentre breached their obligations by sanctioning you when you did nothing wrong, then you would have grounds for complaint. Otherwise, I don't think the Press and Watchdog would want to get involved either. Sorry.

I have to agree, the letter does sound more of a rant than a good reason why you didnt apply, I've just found the letter I used in the same circu,mstances and whilst I did use it as a good excuse to have a rant, the sanction was never applied so it obvioulsy did the trick !

I failed to apply for the post of Democratic Services Assistant because upon reading the job description it was clear that it was a role that I was not qualified/experienced in nor had any wish to pursue a career in that direction and also in my opinion had very little chance being offered the role as I’m sure there would of been many more far more suitable and qualified candidates. During the last 6 years I have worked in an IT Support role and this is the career direction I wish to follow, the one I am most qualified/experienced in and I feel it is the most likely career that I will find employment within.

On my JSA agreement ‘IT Support’ is listed as my number one job choice, the other two listed, Data Analyst and Administrator would appear to be left from when I was last claiming JSA 6 years ago, at an appointment on 05/10/09, my job choices were changed to something more suitable taking into account my career aims, my qualifications and my experience.

I am most disappointed that my failure to apply for the above role has produced ‘doubts’ that I am eligible to claim JSA, I spend many hours each week searching for job opportunities, a small selection of the roles I have applied for are attached. I have also spent considerable time educating myself in topics that I think would help me in my search for employment.

May I point out that the wording of the letter I received claiming I ‘refused an offer of employment/training oppurtunity’ is somewhat misleading, there was no offer of employment, only a job to apply for. I would certainly not turn down an offer of genuine employment, within reason.

I hope this along with my discussion on 05/10/09 where I modified my JSA job choices clarifies matters.

Yours Sincerely

I then added some more...

Further to my reasoning as to why I failed to apply for the post of Democratic Services Assistant I also wish to add that during my ‘3-month’ interview at no time was it made clear or mentioned that failing to apply to any of the jobs put forward by the interviewer would result in any sanctions or to cast doubt on my eligibility for JSA.

I also wish to point out that there were no jobs put forward under my preferred job choice of IT Support, the remaining jobs were totally unsuitable and even my advisor agreed that they appeared to be filed under the wrong job description/SOC Code, an example being a weapons tester, required to fire guns at Shoeburyness MOD being filled under Administrator!. This is why my 2nd and 3rd Job Choices have now been changed.

I was left with the impression that the job details I was handed for Democratic Services Assistant were just an option should I wish to apply for such a post, perhaps Job Centre staff should make it clear to new Job Seekers the repercussions of not applying.

I again re-iterate that I certainly wish to gain suitable employment and am happy to provide information of the many jobs I have applied for. I have no shortage of suitable roles to apply for but I am well aware of the large number of applicants for each post and would point out that I would be happy to attend any suitable training that the Job Centre suggests such as interviews techniques, tweaking my CV, advanced IT/Networking courses, etc.

I point out that I am on contribution based JSA and apart from a brief period of unemployment 6 years ago I have worked continuously for the past 24 years and I wish the time I have spent dealing with this ‘in doubt’ query both by myself and the Job Centre would of been time far better spent on finding employment.

Yours Sincerely

Andy

I did the ECDL course because if I didn't pick a course to go on which was through the JC then I'd have my claim stopped anyway, as I would have 'Refused an offer for training', I know a lot about computers anyway and i didn't fancy myself as a forklift driver or doing a pointless first aid course.

Now I've passed my ECDL, I've actually applied for 3 different jobs as an admin/data entry clerk and did ask the JC last week to change my agreement from retail to office work.

I have to go in there tomorrow I'll see what the woman says but to be honest I'll probably sign myself off as they have no use what so ever.

Im total shocked and its horrendous what JSP are getting up to,they just want you to take Any job that comes,they don't care what it is what you do,they just want to get you off the unemployment figures at any cost.

I like to wish you All who posted in this thread,good luck and hope you get what You want and not what they want..

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

went there today and applied for hardship, better than nothing..

She printed me out 4 jobs to apply for, one shop that i visited straight after the JC and grabbed an application form and filled it in there and then, another I had to apply on line and two through agencies which are 60+ miles away advertising jobs in my area??? phoned them but numbers just ring and ring and e-mails bounce??

Are these jobs actually 'real'?! not my fault though, I've done all I can :)

Are these jobs actually 'real'?! not my fault though, I've done all I can :)

Wasn't it admitted last year that quite a few *cough* sorry *cough* of these *cough* jobs *cough* were actually made up and put on their job points by the DWP for *cough* diversity *cough* monitoring purposes.

i.e. honey traps to check application by job seekers given JSDs by staff.

So, If i tell them i tried to ring and e-mail but no joy then they will know i tried to apply? rather then telling them i phoned up and they said the position was filled blah blah blah

:-D How slyyy

How can they get away with this?

Surely they must know that we know over half the jobs they advertise are duds, they can't think we're THAT stupid, can they?? :|

Just received a phone call from the Job Centre, the kind lady on the other end told me that it WAS THEIR FAULT.. They never explained to me all the terms in the agreement, and that it was never made clear that I have to apply for all the jobs given to me.

She has sent me out a letter today which i have to sign and send back asap

:)

Just received a phone call from the Job Centre, the kind lady on the other end told me that it WAS THEIR FAULT.. They never explained to me all the terms in the agreement, and that it was never made clear that I have to apply for all the jobs given to me.

She has sent me out a letter today which i have to sign and send back asap

:)

Excellent news !. Sounds similar to my post, I was never specifically told that I MUST apply for the job I was given, and something similar happened the other day, I went to a training session at the JC to help with CV's etc, and at the end I was given various jobs and we were all told that we didnt have to apply for anything of them.

I applied for some, most were irrellevant, but at my last signing in, she was under the impression that I HAD to apply for them all..GGRRR !

Andy

Excellent news !. Sounds similar to my post, I was never specifically told that I MUST apply for the job I was given, and something similar happened the other day, I went to a training session at the JC to help with CV's etc, and at the end I was given various jobs and we were all told that we didnt have to apply for anything of them.

I applied for some, most were irrellevant, but at my last signing in, she was under the impression that I HAD to apply for them all..GGRRR !

Andy

have you received a letter stating you are being investigated?? lol

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

You get 6 months to apply for a job in your field [protected employment] after that you have to apply for any job that it is reasoanble to assume you can do [training to do a job is assumed by the JCP to be the responsibility of the employer]. So a retail worker can do office or wearhouse work but not drive a truck as they need a HGV licence to do so. Some jobs however do not come with automatic protected status, ditch digging road sweeping for example.

If you are send for a job that is within 60mins by public transport you have to go [cost is irelevent] and show willing however that don't mean that you have to get the job or that an employer is required to give you the job and if your CV is bad its bad. Also an employer is entitled to say that 60mins is to far for a employee of his:-)