Natwest credit card - dmp

madnes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4932 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I have been in touch with National Debt Helpline. They have set me up on a plan called CashFlow.

One of there advisors have gone through my income and out goings.

My re-payment plans have been accepted. All apart from Natwest have agreed to freeze interest. I have sent 2 letters to them now and both replies have been they will not freeze the interest. The balance will only increase rather than decrease.

Anyone got any ideas for a letter to send.

Barclaycard £792.28 Refunded (May 2010)

MBNA £277.00 Refunded (April 2010)

Don't ask you Don't get!!

Best I can offer at the moment is the link to the letters templates:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?590-Creditors-and-DCAs-Letter-Templates-Budget-Planner

I would be looking at letter E

If the Natwest debt is a loan or credit card, are there any charges on it?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have you asked National Debt Helpline???????????I do understand they do not have to freeze the interest even when you have a DMP,Natwest are usually bloody minded about this, as this is a credit card have you CCAd them,is there any PPI involved.................based on the payments arranged by NDH and adding in Natwest interest,how many years will the DMP payments to Natwest take to pay off the debt................been down this one myself,dependant on your replies there are a number of possible letters.................FS

Ok, It is a credit card. I owe £390.83.. I am repaying £7.00 towards them. They accepted this. They are adding around £9.00 interest a month.

It will never be payed. On review I be forced to make lower payments to other creditiors as this balance is increasing.

I know they dont have to freeze interest. The latest letter is 2 pragraphs long. Contents have been noted and payments being received are covering both interest and the balance. Cannot see how they get to that...

I have sent something similar to letter the NDH advised me to send. They also adv me to continue making payments to them. I wish they would reffer this to a debt recover agency at least then it would stop any additional interest!!

Oh well so much for Helpful Banking. ha

No charges on this account. I have PPI but claimed on it earlier this year.. Bad fall in ice!

Hi........madnes...............try a letter along the lines of"I will be dead before this debt is paid with this in mind it would make more sense to stop paying you any money and pay my other creditors"I would ask you one further time to freeze the interest due to my current financial situation".....................FS