Telephone Recording Equipment

natalie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Beat me to it...!!

I fully expected this to happen, so I'm not dissapointed.

What I find incredible is that they have said they WILL honour some of those previous orders (i.e. natalie) - that's a result eh?

I read their terms before ordering to see if they mentioned errors - here is the text from that part.......

"The Company reserves the right to remedy an obvious mistake in the listed prices by charging a proper commercial value price to rectify the error"

at which point I was going to say 'so I guess they are covered' and then realised that banks used to tell us all sorts of things that they could do!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

LOL I got the same email , bet they wondered why it was suddenly so popular

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Sorry but am I missing something here?

Whats the pointing in spending out on these devices when your own computer can do it for you.

All you need is a £2.50 microphone. Plug it in, hold it near the earpiece when you call and use Window$ own sound recorder program to reocrd the call. It will record everything the microphone picks up ie. your own voice and the voice at the other end through the earpiece speaker.

No hassles of having to convert an audio taped call over to mp3 or wav as its automatically recorded in wav.

And its easier to archive them all.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

ispartacus - for some people that would just seem like gobbledegook- my parents for one! A recording device is very straight forward and would not put fear into a technophobe.

Secondly, not everyone has a cordless phone, and if your landline is some distance from your computer then you'd be hard pressed to achieve that outcome.

Also bear in mind that you do not know when to expect a call from the bank, so you would have to have the mic set up with software ready to go - the recording device work instantly with voice activation.

However, for those of us with a mic, a computer and a cordless phone (or one near the pc) then this is a great money saving idea! One which I might well be tempted to use myself... CHEERS

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

HIya

im lucky to have a dictaphone already, and am going to maplins to by a mic that sticks to teh back of your phone reciver, but before i spend my sacred cash.

Has anyone tried a mic like this?

Is it any good?

Thanks

jules

I don't know if anyone has sugeested this, but call on your mobile phone and record it. Most nokias have a voice recorder on them for recording conversations... usually only upto a maimum of 3 minutes though so be quick!

I used this when i called Natwest... at the beginning of the call, i used this..

"I have been told on all my calls, as we have had a new system put in at work, I have to tell people I'm calling that it maybe recorded.. or something, some legal stuff I got sent in an email.." I spoke it as if I didn't really understand it and they fall for it everytime.

I then got put through to Lending and queried some charges on my acount - playing dumb and asking "So I don't get it, can your staff not see that the direct debit was only going to be taking me £3 overdrawn? Is it automated or something..." play dumb again.. and the operator admits it is purely automated and there is no intervention.

I have 2 or 3 recordings now and I just need to convert them to a playable format... and if anyone wants them emailing, just let me know...

NEO

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

Now the big question is...

Is it enough to state at the beginning the call is beign recorded? Or do i have to state it to each person everytime I am transferred?

I hope it is only once, at the beginning!

If you find this post useful, please click the Scales of 'Justice' in the top right corner. Thanks ;)

You do not have to tell them you are recording at all ( see post no 8 in this thread ) We would be very interested if you have recordings of them admitting they are automated processes .Can you please PM Bankfodder.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

If you find my post helpful please click on the scales at the top. Thank you

FAQ SECTION HERE

Halifax Bank Claim filed and settled

Halifax Credit Card settled

Argos Store Card settled

CCA requests sent to

Halifax Credit Card

LLoyds TSB Credit Card

Capital One

Moorcroft (Argos)

NDR

18/06/09

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6640 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks