West V Barclaycard

west
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya as Barclaycard have said they intend to defend I have been sent an Allocation Questionnaire, I have been reading through the notes on this and have understood most of it I am just wondering if anyone can help me out on section G, my claim is only for approx £200.00 so do I need to put the following or is that just for claims over £5000.00? or do I just put in the bit about the hearing lasting no more than an hour?

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track. This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers) that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. I believe this would bring a rapid end to this litigation.

I estimate that the hearing should last no longer than one hour

Yes put in section G as you've stated in previous post.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Yes all this.

I am respectfully requesting that my claim be allocated to the small claims track.

This issue is not a complicated one; it is an issue of fact and not of law. The issue is only whether the money levied by the Defendant in respect of its customer’s contractual breaches exceed their actual costs incurred. I am happy to pay their actual costs and I am surprised the Defendant did not counterclaim for these, because I would have paid them without argument.

However, the continuing problem is, (in common with the 100s of other cases currently being brought by other bank customers), that the banks refuse to reveal the details of their penalty-charging regime. As the banks have a fiduciary duty towards their customers, they have a duty to deal straightforwardly and in utmost good faith.

Accordingly, I would respectfully ask that the court in this case, not withstanding allocation to the small claims track, order standard disclosure. I understand that it is in the courts discretion to do so. This would bring a rapid end, not only to this litigation, but would also likely bring an end to much of the litigation in progress against other high-street banks.

It will fit......at a push. :D

Anytime. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hiya since filling out my Allocation Questionaire back in December I have heard nothing more is this normal or should I have heard something by now, has anyone else been through this stage if so can you let me know how your went after sending in AQ

It took ages for me to hear anything from the court, in the end I rang them to see what was going on, took ages for my claim to go on file, eventually it went on the system and they said I was looking at the middle of feb for a court date, and couple of weeks later got a court day 20th feb. So I'd just give them a ring if I were you.

Nationwide

1st Letter Requesting Charges Sent - 31st July 2006

LBA Sent - 16th August 2006:rolleyes:

Money Claim Filed - 1st Sept 2006:evil:

Money Claim Acknowledge - 5th Sept 2006:-|

Part Refund of £79.02 - 13th Sept 2006:oops:

Settled in full.. short by £1.32 but not going to argue with that!! (541.02)- 14th Sept 2006

Halifax

Requested Bank Statments - 8th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 20th Sept 2006

Letter Requesting Charges Back Sent - 23rd Sept 2006

Letter Sent Refusing offer of £85.00 - 7th Oct 2006

Letter Received Offering Full Settlement (£170.00) - 12th Oct 2006

Barclaycard

S.A.R Sent - 19th Sept 2006

Statements Recieved - 23rd Sept 2006

Letter Requesting Charges Back Sent - 23rd Sept 2006

Part Refund of £152.00 recieved - 29th Sept 2006 :p