WhateverHappens-DSGI employee

C-130
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4952 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have just been browsing the forum and reading all of the great misfortunes about whatever happens. As a DSGi employee I felt it worth while to post a few things which salespersons seem to either have skimmed over or totally ignored to get a sale. And also quick ways around issues.

1) Whateverhappens will not cover water damage in any way. The salesassistant should stress this to you when taking it out. Water damage is anything liquidy on the product. This includes instant replacement as well.

2) Whatever happens as a product is designed to cover most eventualities. I have read a number of persons here who have been unfortunate in their claims. i would advise here to take a note of how long you have had the cover for instance no clams within 30 days of purchase. And until 6 months it is treated as suspicious. 6 months to the termination of the contract anything which appears excessive or ridiculously damaged will be dealt with more diligently as well.

The above reasons are generally for fraud issues.

3) Retain all WEH documents. Customers tend to bin the A4 sheet or staff don't get them for you. Ensure you get one. We may send a message through your door for it but the original document is the most important.

4) If you wish to make a claim go directly to store not through the call centres. The simple reason is instore we can assess it and decide there and then how to go forward. And arrange your collection or replacement etc of the product.

5) Remember that WEH has two levels of cover. Ensure you read the correct T&Cs for your own level either club or premium. By not doing so you could put yourself in a position you don't want to be in.

6) Ask the salesperson questions such as what it does not cover. As we can't say any negatives. It will not cover the following though: loss,theft,deliberate damage, misuse or water damage.

7) products I actually feel its worth it on. Apple products. This si down to how apple will very easily cancel out your one year manufacturers warranty. Simple a scratch on the screen for instance will nil and void it. I highly recommend it on apple products. With TVs I recommend it simply due to the cost that they are to repair 9/10 we will issue a new TV which is generally better than what you have.

8) Never accept anything below what you had previously as we explicitly tell you that you will get a new model.

9) For all persons who are currently struggling go into store and go to customer services. Talk to them. As much as we are hated we do try our best and we know when we are at fault and generally in stores we will be sympathetic to you. Especially if we see the issue.

10) Always be courteous/nice to te staff. I have saw one or two persons come in with very weird/suspicious claims who were nice and talkative to the member of staff get it sorted. Anyone who is rude about ti will find it more awkward to get a solution.

11) Do I feel WEH/Instant Replacement is worth the money. Yes. For what ti offers on certain products it certainly is. I would like to remind everyone here that only bad things are ever publicised against us but the positives are never pointed out. We are on watchdog were on most occasions its not our fault ad we do try our best for the customer.

12) And please don't take your frustration out on the sales colleagues. Do you really think we want to stand and defend WEH all day if we know it should be covering you and its not for your claim? No. I don't like it however I have a company line to tow and tow it I will.

And thats about it from me.

• Haha 1

good post

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Very helpful.

As an ex-DSG employee, the above is pretty much bang on, and God I'm glad to be out of that company.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB