freeview

bill1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4943 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not sure I can do much about this but here is my situation.

I bought a freeview TV about a year ago and it worked fine. All of a sudden I have lost most my channels. I get BBC1, BBC2 and a few more channels that I dont use

Contacted Digital UK and they have admittied that there appears to be a problem and they are not sure what the issue is. They are going to look at it early in 2011 when they have a reserve antenna available. Luckily its only a bedroom TV and I have freesat downstairs but dont think its a very good service as there are no specifics and dont appear to be prioritising the issue.

Anyway im off my soapbox now

Im new to this and am just giving an opinion. Seek further clarification and advice on what I post before taking it as gospel :)

Hi Bill

I have a Panasonic dvd recorder with hard drive and Freeview, it a few years old now and always been very reliable.

But had a problem recently when it kept losing channels and this went on for a couple of days. I kept re-tuning but like your TV, it would only pick up a few channels.

However, it did eventually pick up all the channels and is working fine again.

yeah im sure it will be fine whenever they decide to fix the mast problem. I would be really annoyed if i relied on freeview as my main tv. Could understand a week or 2 to fix a problem but being told that they are looking at it at some point early next year doesnt seem that good. There was also an article about it in the local paper so its not just me.

Im new to this and am just giving an opinion. Seek further clarification and advice on what I post before taking it as gospel :)

there are very big changes going on all around the country in staGES

now your problem could be caused by many things

however

can you pop me off the model and number and when you brought it

and p'haps your postcode?

do this via pm please

well the postcode atleast!

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

ive had the same problem with channels dissapearing, usually when more channels get added to freeveiw. i think they just have more channels than they can handle and are still adding more! i can now get a ton of "chat n date" and home shopping channels but the ones id actually like to watch have gone! it should be getting sorted when the switchover happens, or so they say. have you tried a signal booster? other than that and paying a fortune for an ariel upgrade (that might not make a differance) it is, unfortunetly, just a waiting game