Nationwide Bank Accounts Frozen when Credit Card Account in Dispute

Storm11Turnbull
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4940 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am dealing with the legal letters on behalf of a friend.

Bank Accounts - Nationwide FlexAccount, Nationwide Cashbuilder.

August - CCA Request sent to Nationwide Credit Card Services (Response was no signature, no agreement)

October - Notice of Litigation and SAR sent to Nationwide Credit Card Services (Response was to state that requested information was available at local branch - Followed by three doorstep visits)

18 Nov 2010 - Signed for letter of complaint - cc to OFT and Trading Standards (Response on 19 Nov 2010 was to freeze Flexaccount and Cashbuilder accounts with balances of around £400)

Telephoned OFT - Advised to call Financial Ombudsman. Advised me that they do not have this power. My friend called to give her account details and was advised by the same person that Nationwide can do this.

Just sent a lovely email to Dominic Littlewood to see what he can do. Any other ideas? Copies of letters attached.

My friend has her son and daughter living with her and her 1 year old grandson. She has Working Tax Credits paid into these accounts. She has no funds to top up her Electric and Gas cards.

She has now recieved a letter to state that should the balance of the credit card (£7931) is paid within 14 days that the £400 in the Cashbuilder account will be transfered to the credit card balance. This letter was delivered by the same Account manager that carried out the uninvited door step visits.

Nationwide.pdf