style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4945 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Newspapers and landlord magazines have been full of comments about the Government's intention to reform the Local Housing Allowance system to reduce costs. Some of the proposals are workable and fair and others not. Even London's Lord Mayor has joined the controversy against his fellow Conservatives.

I emailed the manage of the local council housing benefits dept. on Friday about the issue that I thought might give me, as a LL, the biggest problem:

"There's a lot of talk about the new LHA rules, but the one that concerns me most is expecting single people under 35 to share. I have enough problem explaining to people under 25 that they cannot afford a flat, but up to 35??!!

Can you tell me when this new rule is due to apply. Different "reforms" are due at different times and I can't see anywhere when this rule is to apply."

To which I had this unexpected reply:

"As far as we know it is due to take effect from April 2012. Please be aware though that all the announcements made are subject to change and that this proposals may be short lived anyway now with the imminent introduction of the new Universal Credit announced yesterday which is going to include the element for housing costs currently met by housing benefit and local housing allowance and will not be administered by local councils but centrally by the Job centres and the DWP."

So maybe all the huffing and puffing over this issue will have been irrelevant.

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...