Suspended me for mis-use of discount card!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4949 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm a little confused now. In post #7 you said that the reason your mum was paying for the shopping was due to the fact that you re struggling financially because your partner lost his job after being off ill for some time. In your most recent post you say that he works for the employer you hope to go to work for. Is the incident they are investigating something that happened recently, or something that happened some time ago?

Yes my partner lost his job he has only just started this new job been there just over a week, the incident they firstly said they where investigating was last week, but they have brought up transactions over the last few months, like I said its been about 4+ months since my partner has been ill with depression he lost his job officially on the 5th Nov!

It is always good to have a employment record with no breaks in it.

Why not write to your employer before Wednesday'sa meeting and tell them of your financial difficulties, it is much better that they have this in writing before the hearing becasuee these hearings can be stressful and intimidating and you may forget some of the things that you intended to tell them.

Also if you like you can get your mother to put her apologies in with your letter as well.

All the best and hope all goes well at the hearing.

Thank you that is a very good idea actually because your right they are very stressful these meeting to be honest is making me ill, I have a heart condition as it is and its really not helping it with all the worry, I will draft a letter to them tomorrow and make sure I get it to them before the hearing on Wednesday as I am sure like you said I will forget things that I want to say and putting in writing will make sure that I cover everything that I need to!

All that a reference HAS to be is truthful. If they are asked to provide details on why you left (as references usually do), then they would have to state that the reason. If they were asked whether you were the subject of disciplinary proceedings (once again, as they normally do) in the 12 months (or maybe longer) before leaving, then they would almost certainly say so. An employer can refuse to give a detailed reference, confirming only start and finish dates, or they can refuse a reference altogether - but neither of the latter two options would stand you in particularly good stead when hoping to gain employment, as they would be looking ideally for somebody with a positive work record, limited sickness absence and preferably not one who left under a cloud

Hopefully the new job will work out fine for you, but it really would be best to clear your name and leave at a time of your choosing, and with an unblemished record. Whilst the prospective employer here might not require a more detailed work history, the majority do, and things which happened a few years ago, can have a habit of haunting you.

I understand what your saying totally I will be leaving in the correct way if they decide not to sack me, but I am not prepared to stay there for another year so the action is written of my record I just could not bear to stay there for that long after all thats happened, if it bites me on the ass then I will have to try and disclose all the information that I can to other employers and hope that they will at least see it from my point of view and not JS's, I suppose I can live in hope!

Funny thing is I am hoping that I won't be working for anyone pretty soon, myself and my partner where looking into setting up a buisness with my mothers backing, involves moving and using some of the equity in my home to do it so hopefully that will work out, its just been on a back burner for a while seems like it might get a good old shove into reality lol

Hopefully everything will turn out as you hope. I wish you luck, both with the disciplinary, and also for your business plans.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!