Mbna

woody1066
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4724 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yep

you've won

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Woody,

I don't know where this scenario is specifically dealt with, either in legislation, in guidelines or in Regulations.

Why not ask the FOS for THEIR take on the matter saying:-

Would you please confirm the legislation that specifically allows the creditor to credit the full refund to my account.

I accept that the refund should be used to settle any current arrears on the account, but I believe the balance of the refund should be paid to me direct.

If you cannot provide me with the specific legislation, please refer the matter to an Ombudsman for consideration.

8)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

If the OC sells the debt on and you are claiming charges from the OC and get them they cant, is that right????

www.bellyup4blues.com Just Go There !!!

Woolwich Prelim Sent 5.12.2006 !!!

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006 (yeah I know)

16.1.2007 £1000 offer rejected

LBA sent 31.1.2007

N1 presented to Court 15.2.2007

Won / Settled 2 days before court date

£5200 plus int charges returned.

All and Leics S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 22.12.2006

2nd S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 15.1.2007

Statements received

Prelim sent 31.1.2007

LBA Sent 15.2.2007

Won £1500 on receiving court date..

From my own experience if you owe these people money regardless of any situation any money claimed and won from them will only go towards reducing your debt to them they I believe will never part with any money even compensation which the fos won for me still went to reduce my debt. I know that is not very positive but hope it helps clarify the position .

• 1 month later...

I have had the payment for charges credited to my card. It now leaves a small balance, all of which (and some more) is owed by the miss-sold PPI. I have stopped payments to MBNA while they sort this out. On Sunday I received a telephone call from one of MBNA's Indian threat monkeys, the transcript of which is here for your enjoyment:

TM= Can I speak to woody1066 please"

Me = Who's calling?

I unusually answer the security questions because I want some sport

TM = ;Its about the money owing on your credit card"

Me = Ohh goody!"

TM= Huh?

Me = So I assume that you are phoning to arrange for payment?"

TM = Yes we are

Me = Ok how are we going to do this? By cheque or bay card?

TM (now seeing pound signs) = We would prefer payment by card if thats ok

Me = Ok a card is fine" Can I have its expiry date please?

TM = Huh?

Me = the cards expiry date, its written on the front!

TM= I dont think you understand, I am talking about YOUR arrears

Me = No I understand perfectly I am Talking about YOUR arrears

TM = What Arrears?

Me = The arrears that you owe me for miss-selling PPI on this card. The court case that you lost last month

TM (Long silence) = ;Errr your balance is in arrears

Me = So is yours, oh and by the way I am recording this call

Me = is there an echoe on this line?

TM (long silence again) = Ummm so how much will you be paying today?

Me = I dont know, does YOUR MOTHER count as a number?It then desended into a meaningless babble not worth reporting except at one stage I did ask him for his home phone number so that I could phone him and hassle hime for the debt but he seemed reluctant to give it

Edited by cerberusalert

Hi Woody,

Did you ask the FOS for clarification about the refund being made to settle arrears, with any balance being repaid to you ?

If so, how did they respond.

:-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Yes, but did you ask what authority they rely upon to give this opinion.

:-)

• 5 weeks later...

Just a quick update. I have now stopped paying MBNA as I estimate that bthey owe me AT LEAST £1500 in missold PPI payments. They are now sending me lettrs threaning all sorts and have trashed my credit file. Are they allowed to do this? if not can someone point me in the direction of letters I can send or legislation I can qoute at them?

This is their childish response to not getting their own way, as long as the info on your CRF is factually correct, then they will do as they please.

If they were ever going to do anything of any substance then they would have done so in the beginning. You can either continue the game of letter tennis, or simply write to them and state that they owe you money, and until they refund what they owe you, you will not enter into any further protracted niff naff and trivia with them. This is your final response.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Woody,

You must reclaim all penalty charges that are being added.

If the bank is reporting alleged debts or arrears to the CRA's that include penalty charges or mis-sold PPI, you should complain about this to the CRA's pointing out that you believe the figures reported are inaccurate.

The figures are inaccurate because they include amounts which you claim are unlawful or erroneous, and which you fully expect to be refunded.

Put the CRA's on notice that the reported arrears include amounts that are due to be refunded.

When reaching settlement with the bank about PPI and/or penalties, ensure it is agreed that inaccurately reported arrears data is removed from all CRA reports.

The banks have no right to trash your CRA files with inaccurate data.