Being fined for not having tax----great considering i dont own the car

letsgetitsorted
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4934 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i see now.do you think this would be good to send to inter credit?

I do not acknowledge any debt to DVLA and will under no circumstances make any payment in the absence of a court judgement.

Please issue proceedings within ten days or I will consider the matter to be closed.

DVLA has previously acknowledged receipt of the documents that ownership of the vehicle has changed. I am not responsible for the failure of their own internal procedures and any claim will be defended.

Any other demand from you will be regarded as harassment, reported to the relevant authorities and if continued result in a claim for damages (Ferguson v British Gas).

I will not communicate with you again.

also,do you think it would be wise to get legal help incase this goes to court or do this myself?

No no no no no.

Do NOT invite them to take you to court. Simply write as previously suggested. Something like this:

Dear DVLA

I sold vehicle registration XXX XXXX on [Date] and posted the completed yellow section of the V5c on [Date] by first class poast, thus fulfilling my legal duty in this regard.

Yours Faithfully

matty.

You can go and pay for a solicitor if you wish. They will write the exact same letter but instead of I wrote, they will say 'my client wrote'. Waste of money. In court you can use a soliciot if you wish, but again instead of you saying 'I posted' the solicitor can stand up and say 'my client posted'. Another waste of money, but up to you.

• 2 weeks later...

ok,just to update,i've had a reply from dvla sidcup with regards to my complaint over this whole matter.they are not budging from their decision.they are saying that i never sent the v5 or a letter after chasing my application.as far as i am aware i have legally notified dvla that i sold the bike,its not a legal requirement that i chase up the acknolegment letter.any ideas on what to do next as dvla are still saying i must pay the £80 penalty?

ok,just to update,i've had a reply from dvla sidcup with regards to my complaint over this whole matter.they are not budging from their decision.they are saying that i never sent the v5 or a letter after chasing my application.as far as i am aware i have legally notified dvla that i sold the bike,its not a legal requirement that i chase up the acknolegment letter.any ideas on what to do next as dvla are still saying i must pay the £80 penalty?

Same position as me. I'm just waiting on the court date now. I've done nothing wrong, so it's for them to prove that I didn't post the V5C. Their word against mine. I've pushed this al lthe way up to the Minister of Transport and still they think I should pay.

I suspect the next steps will be contact from a debt collector, who will get told to get stuffed as they'll have no court order, then it'll be snotty letter from a solicitor threatening to claim their fees if I don't pay, he'll be told to get on his bike and then I'll see them in court.

i've already got the debt collectors on my back,thats how i found out i had the penalty after a year after it was issued.best bit is they really dont update their records......debt collection notice as their letter says.....says unless immidiate payment is received,this will go to a county court and your vehicle will be clamped and removed.....go for it,i sold the bike 2 years ago!!!!!!