Credit agreement ???

scotsdamo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys and thanks in advance for any help!!

My wife today visited DFS to obtain a sofa on credit, we selected what we wanted and they took all of her details and she signed a fixed sum loan agreement through Hitachi capital. Our problems have arisen later on today when we received a call and DFS said no our finance dept wont approve this, Now correct me if im wrong but i was under the impression that this was done earlier when they took all our details and that by signing this form we were bound by a legal binding document showing an agreement to give us the credit for this purchase.

We would really appreciate any help available on this.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

YOU are bound by the details on signing, but this is always 'subject to acceptance', and the finance house can withdraw if you fail the credit check or there is something within the deal that they dislike and refuse to process it. In your shoes, I'd get the financing elsewhere (if you can) and go to DFS as a cash customer, then ask them what their price is. You'll usually find your better off NOT taking instore credit offers.