Problem with N-Power debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4967 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First off I know this is a consumer debt and not the place to be asking for help on Business debts but I dont know where else to try.

The problem in a nutshell is that an electricity debt for a company owned by my mother is in my name. To make matters worse the debt isnt just for the area of the building that my mum was renting but for the whole building (4 floors, we rented just half of the ground floor and basement). When my mum first signed the lease I was helping her out sorting out things like the phone and electricity accounts. When the first bill came I contacted N-power on two points firtsly that it shouldnt have been in my name and secondly about the amount. It turned out that there was only one supply of electric coming into the propety even though all tennets had sub meters. We trusted the landlord when he told us that he would get the payments from each tennet and pay the bill. This was a mistake and he would only get the payments after we recieved visits from collection agents (for which we were charged on the bill but he did not pay). Also on top of that companies moved out and so we could not collect the ammounts ourselves or in the case of two of the bigger companies we were unable to get anywhere with their head office staff. Obviously transfering the debt back to my mum (which is something I asked for each time we contacted them and each time they said its done, but it wasnt) should be easy as we can send them a copy of the lease in her name as well as stock orders and business rate bills. The problem is that N-power simply state it is a 3rd party issue and they cant help us with the fact not all the debt is ours (again they were aware of this as soon as we figured it out). One other little problem is that due to the business making a loss of £49,000 my mother doesnt have the money to pay the debt and the stress is getting to her. So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place in that I dont want to add to my mothers already overwhelming debts but I dont have the money to pay the debt back (I am on benefits and spend most of my time in secured acomidation as I suffer from Bi-polar dissorder). Hopefully someone can advise me on what I can do. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

If all the sub-units in the building are sub-metered then the bill from nPower should not be in your or your mothers name, surely it should be in the name of the landlord. It is then your landlords responsibility to bill you based on the sub-meters for your part of the building.

Are you saying that you are paying the bill for the full building on behalf of the landlord and you then have to chase him/her for the payments from the other tenants?

Can you put on here the section of the lease (type it in) that deals with the electricity please.