A little help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4972 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a classic in my book. A friend who has asked for my help was sold a PPI policy on a loan with the Halifax. £7000 loan £30 a month PPI. Cut a long story short, it was a joint policy as was the loan, and his wife who was named second on the loan and the policy was diagnosed with breast cancer. As they had to get through this difficult time, the obvious happened and income took a hit as the visit to hospitals. He has never defualted on the loan or the policy So remembering he has this PPI policy, decided to make a claim and was told that he couldnt as his wife was named second on the policy and they were not covered...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Surley, that can not be right, can it...!!!!

Any help would be much appreciatied

Sounds typical of the banks.

Bloody leeches them lot, with absolutely no morals or an ounce of guilt or concern for others.

As I see it you have 2 choices:

1) Submit a complaint to the FOS against the insurance company who have stated his wife is not covered. Allow them to make a decision on whether she is covered or not. However this may well take some time for them to make a decision, as I know they are completely snowed under.

2) Submit a complaint the Halifax for mis-sold PPI.

Do you or your friend have all the details of the PPI?

ie. total cost, amount of monthly repayments, interest rate, date of first and last repayments.

DJ