Harassment from creditors after bankruptcy ...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4964 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm still getting threatening letters and phone calls from debt collection agencies 10 weeks after bankruptcy. I have a block on withheld numbers and can call bar others. But I specifically told a company that managed to get through to me about a week ago that I have now been bankrupt for a few months and asked them not to call again. Despite this they've tried calling tonight.

Any advice on how to deal with this???

Firstly, don't deal with them over the phone.

If they've got your details from the original creditor then they'll be writing to you soon enough and then you'll know which company hasn't dealt with you bankruptcy properly.

Once you know this write to them and firmly request that they sort it out and advise the DCA accordingly.

OOh Lovely!!!:madgrin:

First things first, if you answer the phone to them, you can do a number of things, hang up, is the easy option, laugh at them then hang up, tell them to hang on a minute I'll just go get him, then keep hold of the phone breathing quite heavy till they hang up, answer and talk complete bowlarks to them, tell them your about to leave for the Bahamas and your private jet is waiting, and you really can't afford the pilots fees.

Bait them a while, take these fools up the garden path, they have obviously already had their pound of flesh out of you by forcing you BR...I would take them for a very long confusing walk to nowhere.

In all seriousness though, tell them to foxtrot oscar if they ring again, and report them tomorrow to the OFT&TS via http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk/contact

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you both so much for your replies. I've had a jolly good laugh at Bazooka Boo's suggestions, which was unexpected. But very, very welcome. :D

Unfortunately, I don't think I have the energy left to even have a little fun at their expense. Which seems a wasted opportunity but there we are. So I'll probably plump for the other option which is to contact the link Bazooka Boo left.

Again, my thanks to you both.

I had a few come after me 2 years after my BR. They really are quite stupid buying debts that are covered in a BR :)

If they get awkward refer then to your BR practitioner or the OR :)

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

BB 13 - DCAs/banks and solicitors 0.

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

<--- If you feel I've helped, please twinkle my star :)

Excuse my ignorance but what's an OR? :???:

Sorry, OR = Oficial Reveiver.

"To love unconditionally is the greatest gift, laughter is a close second" .To give your time to help others after being helped here is the best way to show your appreciation to your fellow CAG members.

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts. All my knowledge has been gained here, for which I'm very grateful. I'm a Journalist, not a law professional.

If you do PM, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private ;)

I get a fresh start to get on with learning to live with severe disabilities when they could have had something if they'd been understanding...

Oh. Okay. :D

Been on to consumer advice about an hour ago and was basically told to go back to whoever dealt with organising my bankruptcy for me, which was 'Money Advice'.

Cheers.

Could you clarify please...

Did you petition for your own bankruptcy or were you made bankrupt?