HFO Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4809 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

was checking in after your message Indie, I can see you should be able to upload ok now

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Current balance says ‘satisfied’. Anyone know what that means?

It means satisfied in the sense that the balance due to the OC has been paid in full at a lesser rate when charged off to the assignee. The new "owner", and I use the term loosely, then starts a new entry on CF with a default balance showing from day 1 of thier ownership at the full face value of what the debt was when sold.

Current balance says ‘satisfied’. Anyone know what that means?

satisfied surely = no debt exists - usually because the amount has been paid - in full settlement.

Where as settled is when you have agreed to settle at a lesser amount.

But i think satisfied means just that - the default has been satisfied.

But stand to be corrected.

Seems Strange?

Bit like sending a settlement offer for a personal loan - But states there is a charge on your property? you know - on the face of it looks feasible - but is actually contradictory and suspect.

Edited by dadofholly

satisfied surely = no debt exists - usually because the amount has been paid - either in full or partial settlement.

But satisfied means just that - the default has been satisfied.

Seems Strange?

Bit like sending a settlement offer for a personal loan - But states there is a charge on your property? you know - on the face of it looks feasible - but is actually contradictory and suspect.

Couldnt agree more DH, and it is in fact a very arguable point especially if an OC sells the debt and no CCA exists, so one could argue and say, well look Ive paid it, wheres your proof of ownership. Ive never been pursued for an account sold and marked as satisfied. If they do then tell them to do one. !!

satisfied surely = no debt exists - usually because the amount has been paid - either in full or partial settlement.

But satisfied means just that - the default has been satisfied.

Seems Strange?

Its actually a legal closure. As they have sold the debt and have no further title to it they have to show it as satisfied beacuse it actually is despite whoever satisfied it, in these cases the purchaser. (assignee)

Its actually a legal closure. As they have sold the debt and have no further title to it they have to show it as satisfied beacuse it actually is despite whoever satisfied it, in these cases the purchaser. (assignee)

I see.

Was reading something on this in the DPA just the other day - will look it up again as it said something about who can mark the credit file of an assigned debt and under what conditions.

Will seek it out again in the morning.

Hi guys,

I forgot to scan and upload this page from the econsumerview report. This page has the outstanding debt that they are after. It's the last 'default' entry. I don't know why the last default date is in 2007 as I had long since stopped using the card and was living in another country at that time. They also got my date of birth wrong on that entry.

SCAN0007.jpg

Edited by indiebhoy

Morning Indie

Address for Barclaycard is

BARCLAYCARD

Data Protection Team

Dept LRC

Northampton

NN4 7SG

Send letter with a £10 postal order. You may have to tweek the letter to explain if you have changed address since you last had contact with them (give them your old address) They may ask you to send proof of id and signature which they are at liberty to do, I believe. Send recorded.

It is vital to get the SAR info to sort out what has been done with this account as it all looks very suspect.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate